19

Parents.

Walking side by side, Yumeri huffs and crosses her arms with her eyebrows together, looking at you. It is the time you are walking home with her since Takemichi's mother arrived at the Hospital few minutes ago.

Nothing much happened after Takemichi woke up. He decided to take actions countering Mikey's plan and of course, he needs your help. While he stays at the hospital for few days, you will do everything to find those two even if it needs help from authorities. Takemichi decided not to let the future happen and he will not time travel until those two are found.

It is still a secret because he knows his mother wouldn't let him deal with these matters anymore and he also doesn't want the whole Toman to think that their leader is missing. This should be a kept until help from authorities is needed.

Back to the present, you look down at Yumeri and show a confused expression by lifting one of your eyebrows.

"What? What's your problem?"

Yumeri looks away, making sure her hair flies to hit your face, which you dodged anyways. "You haven't tell me an update about your parents yet."

"..."  you rolled your eyes. "...So?"

"So???" Yumeri aggressively asks. "Am I not your best friend anymore? I should know that, of course!"

"There's is no update anyway," you sigh. "What am I supposed to tell you?"

"What do you mean no update? You haven't talk to them??"

"I had no time—"

"Well, now, you have. Come on!"

Yumeri grabs your hand and pulls you towards a different direction. You let her do what she wants because at the same time, you want to talk to them, you just don't know how to start. Sometimes, you think Yumeri is annoying and sometimes you're thankful she's annoying.

While on your way to your parents home, which is where you lived before, it takes you back to time when both of you ran, competing who is faster and who can arrive first. Yumeri often triggers a reaction from your lungs so you got used to these fun running and now, on the battlefield, you can fight well.

You start feeling nervous as the distance becomes shorter and shorter. The memories that floods your mind slowly turns into worries and anxiousness. You are thinking about the incident in the rescue— about how your mother approached you. Does that mean—

"You can press the doorbell when you're ready," Yumeri says which snaps you to reality.

You look at her smiling at you. Somehow, her smile slowly calms the butterflies on your stomach and gives you courage to press the bell. Then, you press it.

Upon hearing the sound, your father goes out of the house to open the gate for you. He smiles as he sees your figure visiting, if that's the right term. He approaches both of you with a warm embrace. He seems fine.

"You should come in. I'll cook your favorite," you are of course, startled with his greetings. I mean it's been a year since he started not caring about you.

His actions give you more expectations which makes you more anxious. You don't want to believe it because you're afraid you might be wrong.

Both you and Yumeri walks in, with her following you and you following your father. The scent of the house gives a warm feeling. It is definitely different being alone.

You see your mother sitting on the couch, busy on her phone. She knows you are here but she pretends not because she doesn't know how to approach you either.