12

Sorry for taking too long to update.
Just busy with my life.

Ask.

"Why are you here so early in the morning, Takemitchy?" Mikey asked, one of his eyes still closed.

Draken, as usual, went to his house and woke him up. But this time, he encountered Takemichi on his way. The smaller thought that maybe he could talk to Mikey so he went with the other.

"Mikey, 10 AM is never early. Get up, we're going to school," Draken said, used to this routine.

"I didn't get enough sleep, Kenchin," Mikey whined. "And I'm asking you, Takemitchy. What brings you here?"

"Let's talk about that inside so you can eat your breakfast too," Draken pulled Mikey out of his bed.

Manjiro dragged himself to wherever Ken is going. Takemichi tagged along, calming himself down so he could pursue his friend to cooperate with him.

Once they settled down, with Draken giving Mikey a piece of bread to eat for breakfast, Mikey looked at Takemichi, showing a curious expression. Draken went out to get uniform for Mikey, leaving the both of them to talk in private. Well, not totally private.

"Mikey-kun," Takemichi sighed. He doesn't know what else to do. It's not like he should just kill Izana. "What would you do if Izana-kun goes missing?"

Mikey slightly choked because of the sudden question. "Why are you asking? Is there something wrong?"

Takemichi immediately shook his head, lying. "I'm just curious. There's just something that bothers me."

"This taste good," Mikey chewed his food. "Try it."

The other blonde sighed. Has he been too serious? Why does he feel like he's just stressing himself? Everything seems fine but it's actually the opposite.

"I'd be a detective if that happens," Mikey grabs another bread. "Did you go back to the future yet?"

Shaking his head again, Takemichi tries not to tell him everything because a part of him doesn't want to completely go against Izana. "I can't go back because... my mission is not done yet."

"To make us stay?"  Mikey asks, filling his mouth with food. "We promised!"

"Mmm, I just... I don't know why I can't go back," Takemichi reasons while lowering his head.

Manjiro observes his friend's actions. He feels— no, he knows something is up and Takemichi knows it. He knows that the other is lying but he doesn't want to pressure him. It's Takemichi and if he ever needed help, he would always ask Toman.

"Why didn't you go to school yet?" Mikey asks, eating his third bread. "Are you skipping school?"

"No, I— I wasn't feeling well earlier so I thought I should just stay home. I felt better after a couple of hours of sleeping," Takemichi isn't lying this time.

He felt nauseous and headache after skipping sleep. He waited for Izana to come back and this time, Izana took too long. He was always meeting with Kakucho and they just seem to be hanging out. Takemichi still doesn't have any idea what they were talking about.

"What should I do, Takemitchy?" Mikey shifts his mood into serious mode. He ate all of his bread so it's time to get to the point. "I know you are keeping it from me, so just tell me what to do."

"Mikey-kun..."

Manjiro waited for Takemichi to speak. Instead, he showed his teary eyes, like usual, and sighed. He stands up and bows, startling Mikey with his unexplainable actions and mood swings.