12.5

Ask Part 2.

<<<

"Here," little Yumeri handed you an envelope, sliding it on your desk. You looked at her, confused. "Take it and do my project."

You mentally gasped at what she said. She's literally asking you to do her project. You aren't even close with her and she dared to say that to you. Also, when you take a look inside the envelope, it was containing bills.

"Wow, Yume-chan!" your seatmate cheered. "You got loads."

Yumeri smirked, posturing her small stature. "I just took a little from my piggy bank at home."

"Why would you take thousands of yen at school, you might lose it."

"It's not a problem. I'm rich after all," Yumeri said proudly, crossing her arms. She then looked at you. "Tell me if you want more."

You got tired of her arrogance and sighed. You took out your wallet and got 2 five thousand yen bills and place it inside the envelope, doubling the amount in it.

"Here, go get yourself someone to talk to," you said, pushing her away with the envelope.

Later that day, when Yumeri met up with Manjiro, she flashed a frown on her face. She handed Mikey the money and ignored the little guy.

"Too much money! I thought your parents never let you touch this much money. Where did you get this??" Manjiro asked. "This can buy millions of dorayaki!"

"My classmate gave it to me," Yumeri said, huffing. "How can she be richer than me?! It's not fair!"

"You're whining too much, it hurts my ear," Manjiro commented, still staring at the amount he was holding. "Are you gonna take this home?"

"I'm going to make her my friend," Yumeri laughed in an evil way, thinking of a plan to take you down.

"Are you gonna take all of this home?"

"She's soon gonna submit to me," Yumeri was talking to herself completely ignoring her friend.

"Are you taking all of this home?!"

"What?!"

"I said! Are! you! taking! this! home?!!!!"

"If you want it, then take it, Michael," Yumeri rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue.

"Yes! I'll share this with nii-san, Emma and Baji," he said happily.

---

You were sitting alone at a conbini, reading your notes. Drowsiness slowly creeping around you as you try to understand the lesson. You felt really disappointed with yourself. Even though you studied for a whole week, you still weren't the highest in your exam.

"Here," you look up to see an annoying girl. "You can drink this to keep you focused."

"I'm not going to do your projects. Stop pestering me," you picked up your book and held it in front of your face.

"Why are you so hooked on your studies. It's more fun to play, you know," Yumeri sipped on her juice. "We're still kids after all. It's fine to play and play and play."

"Shut up, go away."

"If you study too much and not get the score you wanted, you'll just feel sad," Yumeri stated like she knows what you were currently feeling. "I didn't even open my notebooks before the exam, now I am so happy I am the highest in all subjects."