8

Dark.

{ • • • }

"One thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three," you counted as you pant.

No matter how much you give your best; no matter how much you try, it still ends up the same. Failure.

It was snowing, yet you are sweating. You didn't even know if it's sweat or tears, both just keeps on flowing. Your heartbeat is the only sound you can hear now.

"Come on, please," you were practically crying over his cold body as you try to revive him. "Was that all an imagination?" You bit your lip, trying to stay sane.

"(Y/N)," Yumeri called out to you. "You can let go now."

"No! One thousand... One thousand seven?" you were disappointed at yourself. "Fuck. One thousand one, one thousand two..."

"It's fine, (Y/N)," Mikey said, letting the gauze fall on the cold hard ground. "You did your best. He can't be helped."

"No, no, no," you replied desperately. "Please, I can do it. I won't let him die. Come on, help me."

As you pushed yourself harder, you began feeling suffocated. Your lungs were acting up again as you try to stay calm and not panic. Your breathing pattern became shorter and shorter. If this continues any longer, you're both going to die so you let go and helped yourself.

The next thing you saw was a bright light on an empty ceiling. You squinted your eyes as you adjusted your vision. You looked around and saw Mikey and Yumeri talking to each other. You were on the hospital.

You approached them. "Where is Izana?"

Mikey looked at you with blank eyes. You can't read his feelings. He slowly walked towards you and stop when you were in front of each other. You felt him shaking. Suddenly, he slapped you hard on your cheeks.

"You killed him, right?" he blurted out. "You fucking let him die! How dare you ask me where he is?!"

You couldn't move. What? He died? These events were confusing you but what hurt more is the fact that you let down your friends, Izana and more than anything, you're disappointed at yourself.

"Mikey's right. It was all your fault. I told you to stop-"

"I wanted to save him!" you shouted, your eyes filled with tears now.

Yumeri scoffed. "And you really think you could?"

"You're nothing but a failure, (Y/N)," Mikey whispered, his eyes glued at your pathetic figure. "You'll never do anything right."

Your knees became weaker that they weren't able to hold you longer. You just wanted to cry and curse yourself. It was so painful. "No-"

"Just accept the fact that you're worthless," Yumeri smirked at you. "Go and kill yourself already, bitch."

"Die, (Y/N). Die," both Mikey and Yumeri stated in chorus. "Die! Come on, die!"

They started chanting together as you felt in need of oxygen. You tried to search for your inhaler but it was not with you. You felt pain in your chest as you slowly drift into the other side, closing your eyes with one last tear coming out.

{ • • • }

You opened your eyes with a loud gasp. You panted aggressively, desperate for air. You were still sweating and crying.