16

Chifuyu.

"Good morning, (Y/N)," Chifuyu greets you as he hands you coffee and a box of doughnuts.

"What's this for?" You ask, letting him in.

As discussed, you both went back to the shrine at 12 and reported to Mikey. No one found a clue so searching will be continued later. Mikey told everyone to rest because today will be a long day. You all will not stop until you find Izana.

"I thought that maybe you're tired and maybe... you can't sleep. I'm right, aren't I?" he settles himself on your sofa. "I'm sure you're tired physically, mentally and emotionally."

"Is that an enough reason to tire yourself too?" you ask, sipping the coffee he gave you. He, as well, drinks the coffee he bought for himself.

"It's not tiring. I can't sleep too."

"It's 3 AM, Chifuyu. Isn't your mother worried about you?"

"About that," he slightly scratches his nape while awkwardly chuckling. "I lied that I am going to sleep with Baji-san."

"So you went through all of that trouble because of me?"

"Not because of you, but it is indeed for you," he grins at you and picks up a doughnut. "I was thinking that maybe you want to continue searching immediately."

"And if I do?"

"I'll come with you. I just told Baji-san that women should be accompanied by men so I'm not backing down."

"I can handle myself, you know."

"Okay, fine. I also want to find Takemichi immediately and talk to Izana."

"You should've said that earlier. You didn't have to sweet talk me."

"Sorry about that," he chuckles once again. "Let's continue searching after finishing these."

You wondered what might be happening to them. You know you are fooling yourself into thinking that Izana hasn't done anything bad to them but it is the only way to keep yourself calm. You don't want to stress yourself too much so you try to distract yourself away from these thoughts.

Body aches and weakness isn't even a part of your vocabulary. Even though you haven't sleep all night, you think you still have energy enough for another week of searching.

After eating, you both head out and choose a random place to search. The darkness wasn't even a factor to stop you. Chifuyu made sure he was holding you right so you wouldn't be in danger.

Hours passed and still nothing. The sun is slowly rising so you have to go back to the shrine to meet with the rest. When you arrived, you noticed more people came. Nahoya's twin, Takemichi's friends and the guy who looks like a girl from the other division.

Mikey announces the task once again for the newcomers. He told everyone that by the end of the day, if no one finds Izana, he will have to give up and report his brother to the police. And of course, for him, it is the worst thing he would do to his brother, especially because Izana just started becoming close to them.

Newcomers pair up too and you were assigned to a different place. Now, it has been expanded out of Tokyo too. You and Chifuyu are assigned to scout Kanagawa, which was where the Tenjiku started.

Before you go, Mikey asked to talk to you. You waited for everyone to leave, as well as Chifuyu, before you start the conversation with Mikey. Chifuyu waits for you at his motorcycle.