Chapter 34 - Weakness

[Third Person POV]
[2200 words]

'Here!' Eri handed Izuku a flower crown made with daffodils she found in the forest.

Izuku took the flower crown and sat it on his head, 'thanks.'

A massive smile crossed her face as she began weaving another flower crown for Kota.

The three of them were sitting on green grass under a tree, watching a group of students practicing close combat. Izuku was absorbed in his vigilante work and not really paying attention to the fights.

Eri gave Kota a flower crown. He reluctantly took it and tried to cover his red face. The two kids played make believe games in the grass, entertaining each other. Izuku glanced up at the close combat group. Shinso was up against Tsyuu; they were having a intricate fight, full of unique attacks.

Izuku watched, interested to write down their fighting styles and quick progress. He had a little hope for some of the UA students, confident they were able to become decent hero's. This was the group Aizawa was in charge of, since his close combat is top notch.

Aizawa stood next to Izuku. 'Thoughts?' Aizawa asked, keeping an eye on his students.

'Drastic improvements.' Izuku clearly stated.

'I agree. Some of these kids might just make the world better.' Aizawa smiled.

Izuku didn't reply. He hoped Aizawa was correct.

'Hey, I'm hungry!' Kota complained, tugging on Izukus shirt to gain his attention.

Izuku glanced at the child, then closed his laptop and stood up. 'Let's go get food then...'

'Can we steal Pa's pocky again?!' Eri grinned.

Izuku nodded as he began to walk away, ignoring Aizawas glare. It was a warning not to touch his food, but they both knew Hizashi didn't have any left. The only one with pocky was Aizawa.

The three of them made their way back to main building, Eri was holding Izukus hand with a smile, stepping on the leaves to make them crunch. It seemed to be a rather peaceful day, despite the humid autumn weather.

Izuku tensed up.

As they were walking, a massive explosion sounded in the middle of the forest. Izuku spun around, pulling the two kids behind him instinctively. Smoke was rising into the air. So much thick, black smoke. It was as if the whole forest was burning; the flames traveled quickly through the autumn leaves.

He pulled the kids into his grasp and ran towards the accomodation. Eri gripped onto his shirt, frightened by his sudden movements, along with the abundance of noise.

'Zuzu! What's going on?!' She weeped.

'I don't know, but don't worry, I'll protect you.' Izuku quickly explained.

Kota grabbed Eris hand. He was trying to look cool, as if he were comforting her, despite being afraid. Izuku could sense Kotas fear behind his cool face, but didn't react. He made it closer and closer to the accomodation, seemingly outrunning the fire and smoke behind them.

Apon arrival at the accomodation, a couple of hero's that previously remained were already outside. They were distraught, but on the phone. Izuku assumed they were talking to other pros or police.

'Oh Izuku! Did someone's training get out of hand?' They asked, pointing to the fire.

'No, I sense danger.' Izuku placed the kids on the ground. 'Besides, the blue fire is not the biproduct of any of the students quirks.'