Chapter 6 - voices of the past

[third person POV]
[2060 Words]

It had been a month since the villain attack. Izuku had not gone out on any patrols, instead, he wrote up documents involving different scandals that criminal organisations had been involved in. He had enough evidence on some cases that he had no need to personally go to the crime scene.

Despite his treatment at hospital, the teen took some time to heal. He didn't care for running around in a state far from perfect, that would be immoral to his personal rules. He tried to steer clear of anything that could get his true personality found out.

His working life and vigilante life were two seperate worlds. If he knew how, he would completely get rid of Izuku Midoriya. Well, he had already gotten rid of Midoriya.

He illegally changed his last name to rid himself of a burden; a family. He went by Izuku now; his new last name was irrelevant to him.

But to him, it still wasn't enough. The only thing stopping him from faking Izukus death was a need for money. The world revolves around money, therefore he needed his job.

But diamond, his vigilante life, was the life he identified with. Unfortunately you can't make money off illegal occupations; of course unless you take it from someone else.

Izukus vigilante life wasn't about the money. To him, it was a means of correction, or a way to fix the corrupt world. He preferred to remain anonymous however, which is part of the reason he hides from the world.

For the first time in a month, the teen got into his vigilante costume. He had designed a new comb over his month in solitude; it worked as many times as he wanted, and could be disabled with the other comb whenever he used it.

He used the hair colour altering comb, and left his small apartment. He snuck into the police station and went to detective Tsukauchis desk.

The detective looked up at the teen and smiled.
'It's been a while....' the detective commented.

'It has indeed...' the teen signed.

'You have a lot of guts coming here... I'm sure you know there many hero's on the lookout for you since we know you're a minor now....' The detective pressed a button under his desk, then rested his arms on the desk.

'Yes, well... I've been busy...' the teen threw a USB onto the desk and smirked. 'That wasn't a very nice move... I'm sure you know I'm not stupid, I disabled that button you just clicked before I came...'

The detective looked a little surprised, then chuckled. 'How silly of me...'

'Regarding the child from the villain incident, is he doing well?' Izuku asked.

'Yes... he is living with a hero that has a kind family....' the detective explained.

'Great. Well, that'll be all, goodbye...' the teen waved and snuck out of the office. He traveled back to his apartment and sat down at his desk. After erasing his tracks at his computer, he got ready for work.

•••

Aizawa was frustrated. He hadn't seen the vigilante in a month, and just received word that he appeared at the police station.

He didn't just want to capture him because it was his job; he was worried about the boy. He seemed so distressed when he woke up in hospital. He screamed it burns when he woke up. It suggested to the hero that he had perhaps been physically assaulted, which was also evident by the massive burn that covered his stomach. Then there was the scars on his arm that spelled out failure.