Chapter 20 - electric

[Third Person POV]
[Words.. or something]

There is an intense anxiety to rain, as if between the tumbling cloud and the earth, it is fearful of never reaching its destination. Izuku and Aizawa both walked through the rain, not exchanging a word. Izuku had his arms wrapped around himself, as if he were defending himself, protecting himself, from something Aizawa couldn't quite understand.

'Sorry... I was very unprofessional in that fight...' Aizawa apologized, acknowledging that he should've kept his eyes on the villain.

Izuku remained silent for a while. His mind was racing with information and theories. 'It doesn't matter... three villains were caught, I'll get the other one later...' Izuku monotonously mumbled.

'Don't do it alone...' Aizawa mumbled.

Izuku began quietly mumbling to himself, before he stopped walking. Aizawa stopped and stared at him. His facial expression depicted an understanding, or discovery. Izuku smiled a little before he continued to walk. Aizawa seemed confused, but followed the teen.

'How did you produce so much smoke? Did you get burnt?' Aizawa inquired.

Izuku held up a green leaf. 'Burning green leaves releases toxins into the air, that creates excessive smoke. The toxins can't detrimentally affect me since I am wearing a mask... Luckily, there were trees around with green leaves... I just ran around areas with trees...' Izuku explained.

'Quick thinking.' Aizawa praised, 'Not ideal, however... I can't get through thick smoke as well as you can, it was hard to get around.'

Izuku chuckled. 'Then, that's something for you to work on...'

They both remained silent. All they could hear was the sound of the rain that remained constant. Aizawa glanced at Izukus hands. They were trembling ever so slightly.

'Are you cold?' Aizawa asked.

Izuku shook his head and held his arms behind his back. Aizawa sighed quietly.

'When do I continue going to school...' Izuku quietly asked.

'You can go tomorrow... you were suppose to rest, but you're stubborn... Just don't push yourself...'  Aizawa explained.

Izuku nodded.

•••

The vigilante was making his way to school. He had finished work for the day. The sun had barely shown itself since it was so early in the morning, but it was a time that still remained peaceful; no one was awake.

'Izuuuukuuuuu!!' A familiar voice screamed.

Izuku flinched and spun around. Running towards him was one of his classmates. Kaminari. So much for a peaceful morning. Izuku waited for the teen to catch up, then continued walking.

'You're finally coming back to school, huh?' Kaminari smiled.

Izuku nodded.

'Are you feeling better?' He inquired.

Izuku nodded.

'That's great! Did you have a good weekend?'

Izuku nodded.

Kaminari continued to ask questions, which Izuku would simply nod or shake his head in response. The walk to school was extremely bothersome to Izuku; he much preferred silence.

It wasn't long before they entered the school premises and made it to their classroom. When the students noticed Izuku, they started screaming questions while crowding around him. Despite Iidas attempt to shut everyone up, their bickering continued. A student made the mistake of placing their hand on his shoulder.