Chapter 38 - Celebrations

[Third Person POV]
[2480 Words]

Izuku opened his eyes abruptly and sat up on his bed, panting as if he had just run a marathon. He tugged on his shirt as he took deep breaths and assessed his surroundings. He had been staying at Aizawas house for a week now, but he still wasn't use to the change in environment. He hated change, it was hard for him to adjust.

He hopped out of bed and pulled his work uniform out of his cupboard, then dragged himself to the bathroom. As he was changing, he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. His hair had grown out and was definitely due for a trim. After buttoning up his shirt, he pulled his hair back into a tiny ponytail. One strand of his hair broke lose and curled in front of his face.

He wasn't fussed by his messy hair, and decided to head off for work. The walk was a lot longer compared to the distance from his old apartment and UA, but he didn't mind the walk. Sometimes he would run, but Aizawa asked him to take physical exercise easy for a few days while his body was still recovering.

Surprisingly, the walk seemed a lot shorter than usual, probably because he was lost in his thoughts. He arrived at the cafe before Nanami seemed to arrive. He began opening the blinds and tidying up the tables while he waited for her. As usual, she seemed to be running fashionably late, so he got started in the kitchen, cooking up bread and pastries.

Nanami was almost an hour late to the cafe, Izuku stared at her intently, wondering why she seemed so flushed.

'You seem exhausted, did you go out last night?' Izuku asked.

'Yes. I was partying until twenty minutes ago when I realised my shift started half an hour earlier.' Nanami wiped the sweat from her brow.

'Liar. Did you spend the night with a new girl? Maybe a guy?' Izuku asked as he polished a mug.

Nanami blushed. 'Hey! I wasn't lying. Kinda...' she mumbled.

'Mm, right.' Izuku placed the mug gently on top of the other mugs and flushed the coffee machine.

Nanami stared at him for a while, then grinned happily. 'Fine! I'll tell you everything.' She sighed as she walked into the kitchen in a chipper manner.

Izuku sighed as he followed her in.

'So- my high school friends invited me to a Christmas party last night, and there was this really hot girl there, y'know my type right? She had her hair cut in the cutest little bob! And the best part- she was totally flirting with me.' Nanami explained happily as she tied an apron around her waist and washed her hands.

'Anyway, later in the night we ended up bumping into each other and we totally hit it off. Anyway, she took me to her place and-' Izuku blocked his ears so he didn't have to listen to whatever she was going to say.

She stopped talking and stared at him. 'I wasn't even going to say anything sexual!' She signed.

'Bullshit.' Izuku poked out his tongue and took a variety of food out of the ovens.

'Anyway, I didn't end up getting her number because I had to leave.'  She sighed.

'Oh well, maybe you can work on being on time now.' Izuku teased.

'No that was never a possibility...' Nanami shook her head as she began making food.

Izuku decided to open up the cafe. It was a rather average morning; the occasional underground hero would come for a take away coffee, it wasn't until around 6am where people came in to actually order food. Some of them were regulars that went for walks early in the morning with their friends. The cafes early hours usually attracted a lot of early birds who craved coffee, since most cafes weren't open for a couple hours.