Chapter 3- the past

[Third person POV]
[1950 words]

Aizawa and Izuku walked silently towards UA. The sun had yet to rise, and the streets were quiet. Not even the sound of the hero or vigilantes steps could be heard, they had both been trained to walk silently.

'Are you going to talk to recovery girl? You can't really sign with your arm like that... it'd be too sore to move...' Aizawa mentioned as he glanced at the teens swollen arm.

Izuku sighed, then nodded. 'My hands gone numb...' he quietly mentioned.

'Is there a specific reason why you don't talk much?' Aizawa asked cautiously.

'Hmm... Yeah... but I'd rather not go into it...' Izuku mumbled as he thought to himself.

•••

[Flashback - 9 years ago]

SMACK. Thats the sound that echoed through the house. Izuku had just been diagnosed as quirkless, and had returned home to tell his father.

'Hisashi! Don't hit him...' Inko cried.

Izukus eyes filled with tears that spilled as wails left his mouth. Hisashi kicked his small body to the floor.

'Why are you crying you worthless shit?!' Hisashi snapped.

The child cried louder and ran down the hallway. Inko stopped Hisashi from running after him.

'That brat doesn't deserve my last name!' Hisashi snapped.

Hisashi was a pro hero, he had raised his son to believe he would grow into a strong hero like his daddy, no matter what quirk he got. It destroyed Hisashi to think his son couldn't follow in his footsteps. It destroyed his pride, after he had boasted about what a great hero his son was going to be to his colleagues, only to find out he was quirkless.

Quirkless was a word that society branded worthless, and it was pitiful for the pro hero to have such a worthless son.

Hisashi needed his son to be perfect. He homeschooled the child, but not at the same level as other kids. He worked his son all day with little to no breaks, only allowing him to get a few hours of sleep. Whether it was academic or physical, he had to perfect it all.

If he spoke without asking, he would be beaten. If he made a mistake, he would be beaten. If Hisashi was in a bad mood, he would be beaten. His cold attitude made Inko miserable. She just wanted a normal family, but the quirkless child had ruined it.

When he was only seven, he was doing academic work that a university student would struggle with. He had trained his mind to work eidetically in order to avoid beatings.

Since personality forms during childhood and is shaped through interactions with others and the order of the world, Izuku became very quiet and closed off. He was showing early signs of schizoid personality disorder; a personality disorder where a person avoids interactions with others and social activities.

He completely stopped talking, unless ordered to speak. He hid his footprints and any sounds he could make to avoid annoying his father.

Though there was a point where the child broke. Despite his fear of the pain, he felt so unmotivated. The work seemed tedious, so instead he taught himself how to hack so he could read about what was happening in the hero world.

It brought him excitement, but his father caught him, and ended up burning him from his anger. The child stopped feeling pain. He felt very monotonous.  He refused to do anything but hack into different sites and gather information.