Chapter 19 - Fire

[Third Person POV]
[no words go home]

Nezu had come for a visit the day after Izuku had moved into the dormitories. Unfortunately for him, Izuku had gone to work without telling anyone. He decided to wait around and do some work while he waited for the teen.

The door eventually opened, and stood at the door was the vigilante in his work uniform. He stared at the principal that was sat on the couch and tilt his head to the side.

Nezu looked towards the child and smiled. 'Good afternoon... How was work?'

Izuku simply shrugged in response as he walked up to the bench and sat down a paper bag. Nezu jumped of the couch and walked up to Izuku.

'Aizawa has gone shopping for the essential food needed, so he will be back soon. Do you mind if we have a quick chat?' Nezu asked.

'I don't mind...' Izuku signed.

Nezu propped himself on a bench chair and turned to the teen.

'I was told you would like to be exempted from the Sports Festival?' Nezu mentioned.

Izuku nodded. 'Considering the League might be interested in me, I would prefer to not be publicized...'

'That is understandable... However, this does determine who will offer you a spot for internships...' Nezu mentioned.

'I know... I don't care for offers...' Izuku explained.

'Fair enough, then I'll exempt you from the sports festival.' Nezu smiled.

'Thank you...' Izuku signed before pulling a range of pastries out of the paper bag. 'Would you like some? We made too much today...'

'Oh! That is very kind of you...' Nezu mentioned as he looked through the different pastries and took one.

Izuku sighed as he brushed his fingers through his hair.

'Is something on your mind?' Nezu asked.

Izuku glanced at the principal and shook his head. 'Just a thought...'

'Alright...' Nezu smiled.

Izuku went to sign something, but he stopped and turned around. Yukiko and Shiroi bolted down the stairs and ran up to Izuku, jumping onto his shoulders. Izuku gently stroked both of them and smiled slightly.

'Ahh, Yukiko... How are you?' Nezu asked.

Yukiko looked at Nezu and chirped happily before jumping down towards the principal. Izuku stared at them both, wondering how they were acquainted.

'She walks around school, I sniffed her out once.. now she visits me occasionally...' Nezu explained after he had noticed Izukus confused expression.

Izuku sighed. 'I found them both in an alley, their mother had been killed...'

'I see... they are very well behaved, and seem to have more intellect than other cats...' Nezu noted, staring at Shiroi.

He received a suspicious glare from Shiroi, who wished to mark his territory. Izuku nodded. 

The dormitory door burst open and Aizawa walked in with multiple bags on each of his arms. Mic walked in behind him with a single bag in his hand. Aizawa dumped the bags aggressively on the bench and looked towards Nezu.

'Hello...' Aizawa greeted.

'You seem grumpy...' Nezu mentioned.

'I am! Hizashi forgot to get the coffee beans!' Aizawa complained.