Chapter 7 - abduction

[third person POV]
[2351 words]

The vigilante woke up in cold sweat. His whole unconscious state had been accompanied by nightmares and memories he wished to forget. He sat up quickly when he noticed he wasn't in his home. He was in hospital.

The room was white and silent. The only noise was the quiet beep of a machine that sat next to him. There was no one in the room. His first thought was to escape. But when he got ready to leap out of the bed, he noticed one of his hands had been handcuffed to the railing of the bed.

He tried to calm himself, to asses the situation he was in.

His arm was connected to an IV, and he was in a hospital gown. When he saw the scar that traveled down his arm, he felt sick. Flashbacks ran through his mind to remind him why it was there. The hallucinations of his past, and his horrible father.

He covered his mouth tightly with his free hand. He could feel bile rising towards his mouth, and it wasn't long before he threw it up into his hand. He couldn't stop it from dripping onto the bed.

He felt so dizzy, so sick. His mind was completely occupied with stupid memories.

He slumped back down into the bed. He felt too weak to try escape. Perhaps things were fated never to go his way. He shook suicidal ideations from his mind and closed his eyes. He decided to try sleep.

Before he could doze off, the door to his room opened. He instinctively pulled the blanket over his head and curled himself into a ball.

'You're up...' a familiar voice mumbled. He heard the door shut and lock.

The blanket was ripped from his grasp and he was left face to face with a tired looking hero. The hero seemed to be in a cocky mood, but he looked a little more concerned when he saw the teen.

'Did you throw up?' He asked.

The teen glanced at the wet patch on his blanket and gown. The hero sat down and stared at the frail looking teen. He looked as if he had lost all hope for himself, seemingly scared and trembling.

'What do you want with me...' He quietly asked.

The hero had barely heard him speak, he was so quiet.

'Well... your identity I suppose... we want to find your family and talk to them...' The hero explained.

The teen bit his lip and glared at the hero. 'I don't have, nor need a family.' He pulled the blanket back over his head.

'Then, where do you live? How do you survive?' The hero asked.

Izuku didn't respond. He was panicking again, hyperventilating as quiet as humanly possible. He could think of 10 ways to get out of the handcuffs, but only 1 way to get out of the room, and in his weak state, it would be impossible.

Aizawa pulled the blanket away gently and rubbed the teens shoulder soothingly. 'Oi... calm down, no one is going to hurt you...'

They both remained quiet for a few minutes, until Izuku had calmed down. He refused to answer any of the hero's questions, and in the end, the hero left.

•••

The vigilante had laid silently in the hospital room for over a day. He refused to eat, or sleep, or talk to anyone.

He regretted that he couldn't tell Nanami he wouldn't be at work, but there was nothing he could do.

The door to the room creaked open, and in walked Aizawa and detective Tsukauchi.