Before New Year

Entering the bottom of the New Year, the village began to kill the New Year pig. This morning the village began to kill pigs on the large square at the entrance of the village, and the women took out two bowls at home and began to halve meat.

  Everyone cuts different parts of the meat. In order to prevent conflicts among members, after the meat is divided, another bowl is used to cover it, regardless of the other's meat.

  Those who are in the front can choose good meat. The members divide the meat according to centimeters. Some capable people can share ten catties of meat for a large family, and some upside down households can only share some parts such as pork knuckles.

  The village party secretary assigned half a catty to each of the newly arrived educated youths, and it was recorded in the account and deducted by centimeters next year.

  The new educated youth happily took the meat home.

  After the meat was divided, the members did not chatter, and hurried home with their bowls. After putting the meat in the cabinet and locking it up, the family came to the entrance of the village to eat pig-killing rice. 

  After killing pigs in the village, they will cook pig-killing rice, which is to stew the fragments of bones and pig heads, add cabbage, carrots and potatoes, and the taste is more beautiful.

  The members of the village can't eat meat several times a year. When they reach their mature age, they will be able to get enough rations of three hundred and sixteen. A centimeter is only a few cents, and farmers don't get a few bucks all year round.

  Therefore, people in the countryside all envy the people in the city who eat commercial grains. They have a fixed monthly grain distribution, and decent wages for working in factories are still high.

  Ten of the newly arrived educated youths received five catties of meat, and the six old educated youths worked for a whole year, and they exchanged one catty for each of them with work points.

  Because today, the educated youths will have a meal together, discuss the new year together and the specific matters of having a meal together after the beginning of spring next year.

  The main reason is that the new and old educated youths have been doing well recently and there is no contradiction. In addition, they will be busy in spring planting after the year, and eating together will save time, and they will use relatively less firewood.

  Another is that the educated youth at work are all in the same team, and the village has a piece of land for them to be responsible. The new educated youth must be brought by the old educated youth when they arrive. If the task is not completed well, everyone will be unlucky.

  The person in charge of the old educated youth is a relatively capable boy named Lu Ping.

  Lu Ping was a member of the Lihua Village team since 1965. He is diligent and can endure hardships. He has a good relationship with the villagers. The villagers here like him very much.

  Lu Ping wanted to gather the educated youth and have a good meeting with the centimeter and food in the coming year.

  After returning to the educated youth point, each of the educated youth contributed half a catty, which is a full eight catties. These were divided into four catties to eat at night, and another four catties were frozen outside the house to be eaten during the Chinese New Year.

  The girls wash vegetables, wash the rice and cook the rice over the fire, while the boys carry water and chop wood. When night fell, the educated youth started their meal, and the staple food was white rice without mixing anything.