New Year's Day

There is a river to the west of the village. On the twenty-sixth day, the village organizes young and middle-aged people to cast nets to fish.

  The whole village is surrounded by the river, and women, young and old, are responsible for sorting after the nets are set up. Small fish are thrown back into the river to continue to grow, and kept for the next year.

  One day, the village collected a thousand catties of big fish. After the accounting statistics were completed, the village party secretary began to distribute the fish to each household according to the head. The villagers beamed with bamboo baskets to line up to divide the fish, discussing how many fish can be divided this year.

  The fish was quickly divided into ten catties for adults and five catties for children under twelve.

  The educated youth divided a total of one hundred and sixty catties. They decided to keep thirty-two catties. The remaining 128 catties were made into dried fish and sent back to everyone.

  The educated youths are not as complicated as the villagers during the New Year. Just write the red couplets and paste them, unlike the villagers who have to sacrifice to the kitchen god, make sticky bags, and clean the house.

  The educated youths got up early on the 31st of the new year and simply ate some breakfast and then began to prepare the New Year's meal. They made a braised carp with the fish they gotten.

  The meat from the last time was slaughtered to make a big pot of pork and cabbage stewed vermicelli. The old educated youth also contributed an old hen and a pot of old chicken mushroom soup with mushrooms picked in autumn.

  After eating, everyone gathered some melon seeds, peanuts, glutinous rice noodles and fruit candies, and sat on the kang in the main room to chat.

  The educated youths from all over the world talked about their hometown, customs, and food, and talked about their families. The atmosphere became low for a while, and some people suggested singing.

  Li Weihong, who has a good voice, did her best to sing to everyone, and was praised by everyone, which satisfies her provocative psychology.

  After twelve o'clock, everyone said happy new year to each other and went to bed. After having breakfast on the morning of the first day of the new year, the educated youths went to the villagers' homes to pay a New Year's greetings, and when they returned home, the children in the village also came to pay a New Year's greetings.

  Chinese New Year is a paradise for children. On the first year of the new year, every household carries a small cloth bag to pay New Year's greetings, and every household will grab snacks and candies in their children's bags.

  Children can have a bag full of snacks at the end of the day. The educated youth also prepared melon seeds toffee to share with the children. After the rare toffee, the children thanked them happily and went to the next house together.

  On the seventh day of the Lunar New Year, couriers came to the village to deliver letters. The educated youths all received letters from home, and those with better conditions also sent local specialties.

  Li Mo also received letters and packages from home. Open the envelope first. There are twenty yuan and some notes in it.

  The effect is that the family intends to give her twenty yuan and some bills every month, so that she will not be too tired and sick in the country.

  Unpacking the things that Aunt Niu wanted was ready at home, and bought her a woolen coat and a pair of leather shoes.

  She packed the things that Aunt Niu wanted and sent them to him. Aunt Niu asked her to drink tea and watched carefully.

  After the inspection, it was found that there was no problem and said to Li Mo, "Li Mo really thank you, everything is pretty good." Aunt Niu said, touching the red sheet lovingly, thanking her eagerly.

  "Aunt, you are satisfied, and I won't bother you. You will find me next time if you have something to do, and I will leave first."

  "If i have anything, i will definitely be looking for you next time."

  The educated youths who received the package generously took out some special products to share. Li Weihong did not receive the package, and the letter was written to her by her sister.

  She didn't know whether it was shame or annoyance. The fact that her father was the director of the Revolutionary Committee spread in a small area among the educated youths, and as a result, her family didn't send parcels.

  When everyone was chatting and eating, Li Weihong stayed in the room alone and didn't even eat lunch. Everyone thought that something happened in her house, and now she is a little sad.

  Li Weihong was depressed for a while because of this incident, and continued to get better after the Lantern Festival. After the Lantern Festival, the village began to plow the land and cultivate seedlings, which also means that the newly arrived educated youth will start to earn work points in farming.

  Because ten new educated youths have arrived, the village has added three acres of field for the educated youths, and allocated another five cents of land to the educated youths. According to the previous meeting, Lu Ping made a schedule of labor tasks.