Chapter 1.1 - Welcome to Your Life

Third POV

The Astghik was sailing the sea, its motor murmuring over the waves. The boat was number 17485 for a fishing company - one of the biggest fishing companies in Bridgeport.

The men pulled at the nets that they had cast, pulling in their loads. However, their actions were suddenly halted when the machine engine in the boat started to clatter. The boat shook and everyone was thrown off balance. The sailors exclaimed in confusion, seeing that the boat had not balanced back out yet.

"Cut the engine! We're caught on something!" One of the men yelled.

The man inside the boat obeyed while the others rushed to the big net on the side - anxious to see what they had been caught on. Was it a shark? Maybe a whale?

It was a plane - a wrecked plane.

The Captain emerged from his room, hearing all the ruckus.

"Ah! What's happened?" He demanded, upset to see that none of his fishermen were working.

The net's electronic reel strained, grabbing the Captain's attention. It seems the weight of the plane was too much for the small piece of tech.

The Captain looked to a younger man beside him, a boy named Ern. He took out his knife and held it out to him.

"You've gotta cut her loose. She's liable to take us down." He said. But Ern seemed hesitant, afraid of going out to the plane and over the water.

"You're the only one light enough. Hop to it." The Captain demanded, not giving him a choice.

Ern nodded and took the knife and went towards the plane. He put the knife in his mouth and scaled over to the plane, having to go across beams and through the fisher's rope. He laid stomach-down on the beam above the net, that way when he cut it, he would be prepared for the snap back of the boat releasing the weight.

But before Ern could cut the rope, something caught his eye. A box with a strange symbol was sitting in the wreckage.

"Hey! There's something inside!" Ern called out to the Captain.

One of the fishermen told him to ignore it and to cut the line and come back but that was quickly discarded as soon as the Captain asked what it was. Ern informed him of the box and the Captain's stance had changed, his demeanor got heavier. Expressing his interest in the box, he told Ern to get it.

After many efforts - eventually having to bring the wreckage on deck - the box was in the Captain's arms. He demanded that all his fishermen go back to work, not allowing them to see what was inside the box, much to their dismay.

The Captain brought the box up to the wheelhouse and, away from everyone's eyes, looked at a note. Following its instructions, he switched the frequency on his radio and grabbed the walkie-talkie.

"This is Captain Ben Carter of the Astghik. Do you read?" He asked into the device.

It was static for a moment but then a voice rang through.

"I read you clear." It was a deep voice, almost sinister.

"I found it." The Captain informed them, unaware that Ern was listening from outside the door.

"Proceed to the assigned coordinates, and standby for further instructions." The voice instructed.

"Copy." The Captain confirmed before putting the walkie-talkie away - letting the radio crackle above him.

Suddenly the rain started and thunder struck. Weather was bad for fishermen since it makes the fish go deeper where they can't catch them. But with the new task in mind, the Captain didn't care about the fish. He just wanted to get to the destination, fast.