Chapter 7.2 - A Figure in Hiding

Juliet's POV

"This place has a map, right?" I asked Mr. Porter with a chuckle, seeing all the buildings around me.

"Yeah, don't worry." He said, shooting me a smile.

Mr. Porter was super nice. He was a junior at the academy and was apart of the culinary program. He seemed super cool and I was actually kinda comfortable around him. Like a friend or something?

"So, you ready to see the culinary program?" He asked me, holding his arm out for me to take. He smiled at me but it wasn't a flirt or anything, it was genuine kindness.

I looped my arm around his and remembered when I did this with Frank as he lead him into his grandma's house for the test.

I was brought out of the memory when Mr. Porter started walking forward with me, leading me toward the culinary building.

-----

Third POV

Juliet was so impressed at the school's culinary program. They had all state-of-the-art appliances and some stuff that Juliet had never even heard of before. Mr. Porter had to go help someone very quickly so he allowed her to sit in on one of the classes, to get a feel for it. She absolutely loved it, she got to meet some of the students and teachers and even taste some food, she was in Heaven!

Meanwhile, Frank who was on the other side of the campus, was thinking about everything that had just happened. First was the Dean, he knew that he wasn't telling them everything, he knew more. He had to find out. The second was Juliet, he did not feel comfortable letting her run around with that Mr. Porter guy. Also, why wouldn't the Dean address him by his first name like Stavros? But then he had to remind himself again... it wasn't like he and Juliet were dating right? But would she find this guy more handsome or smarter than him?

Juliet and Mr. Porter felt like good friends. Juliet found out that he had a girlfriend, they had met there at the school and they were like Callie and Chet, they did almost everything together. She also found that they liked similar things and had similar hobbies, something she loved.

-----

Juliet's POV

"It's coming close to 3, we should start heading to where we'll meet back up with your friend and Stavros." Mr. Porter said, looking at his watch.

"Sure. Thank you for showing me around, Mr. Porter." I said. I felt weird calling him 'Mr. Porter.' He wasn't a teacher, was he? The Dean said he was a student...

"Look, uh, I had fun today... It was like catching up with an old friend almost. I thought this was going to go the opposite, I had thought that you would be offset with me." He said with a worried smile while walking us toward the meeting point.

"Why would I be offset with you?" I asked him, confused.

"You don't know?" He looked asked, seeming to be embarrassed.

I shook my head and he looked a little surprised.

"I thought the other students in the program would've teased you about us when I left you alone with them..." He trailed off.

"Teased me? About us?" I asked confused.

"Well, you're Juliet and I'm Romeo." He said. My eyes went wide and I chuckled.

"You're name is Romeo?" I asked him.

"Why do you think I go by 'Mr. Porter?'" He asked me with an embarrassed smile.

"Well, I'm glad we aren't the real Romeo and Juliet because that story is so bad." I said with a laugh.

"Someone who agrees, finally!" He cheered.