Chapter 5.4 - The Drop

Juliet's POV

"Juliet? Are you crying?" A voice rang out from the back door.

I turned around and saw Callie.

"Oh, uh..." I started but she knew me too well.

"Don't say you aren't because I can clearly see you crying." She chuckled at me.

I chuckled back and wiped the tears from my face. I told her everything that I had heard. I told her that I was willing to give her a chance. I used to think she was heartless but now I know she's not, and she's hurting like everyone else.

"I'm glad, and hey, maybe you can go visit her tomorrow or something." Callie suggested.

"Yeah, maybe. Let's get through tonight first though." I said.

"Yeah, let's get back." She said. I wiped my eyes one final time, checking in the mirror and making sure that I didn't look like I cried.

We linked our arms and ran back to the barn, trying to stay out of the rain that had come.

We finished setting everything up for tonight, and now all that was left to do was wait. We all ran out of the barn and went to a nearby sheltered area. We could see out but you could barely see us.

"You sure he'll come?" Chet asked us.

"Yeah. He saw me with the piece and then I hit him with wet trash... oh and thanks for letting us borrow your truck by the way." I thanked him.

"No problem." Chet responded.

A twig snapped near us and immediately I reached for Frank's hand. Don't ask me why, it was a reflex! Callie grabbed onto Chet and Joe stepped closer to us.

Just then, Biff appeared in front of us.

Frank sighed loudly and I put my head on Frank's shoulder in relief.

"If I can sneak up on you guys, you might wanna rethink your plans." Biff told us.

"I'm surprised you're here." Joe told her.

"You know, you're dead wrong about my mom, and you'll eat that. But I wanted to help. Even though you guys are luring a killer to an isolated location with no one to hear you scream for miles around." She said. We all sighed even though we knew she was right.

"Well, I'm glad you're back." Joe said.

"A guy who can barely fit in his car just drove by! Get ready!" Phil said over the walkie-talkie.

"Everyone down!" I whisper-yelled.

Moments later, a headlight appeared down the driveway, heading in our direction.

Both Frank and I looked at the car that had stopped right in front of the farm.

"That's him." Frank stated.

The tall man got out of the car and walked to the front, looking around.

"Okay, Jules. Go, be careful." Frank told me, squeezing my hand. Our plan getting into motion.

"All right." I nodded before letting go of his hand and then running out into view.

"Once again, it's not nice to spy on people." I mocked as I did earlier.

He just stared at me and didn't say anything.

"Not a talker, I see. Well, then I'll make the deal." I said. I went into my pocket and grabbed the fake piece, holding it out to where he could see it. "You want it. Come get it." I challenged him.