Chapter 7.3 - A Figure in Hiding

Juliet's POV

I ran outside of the main building and waited there for Frank.

I saw him come out of the school doors with an unhappy look on his face until he saw me.

"Jules!" Frank exclaimed, rushing over to me and wrapping me in a hug. I hugged him back, knowing something had happened.

"First off, are you okay? Romeo told me you got caught." I asked him.

"I've been better. But what about you? He said you were taken by the secretary and he couldn't find you. I got worried." He said.

"She locked me in a room. Romeo found me and gave me a bobby pin so I could pick the lock and get out. But, Frank, she wanted to know all these things about you. Like what you were doing here and what you wanted. Seemed like you're more than just an applicant to them." I said.

"I think you're right." He told me.

"Did McFarlane tell you something?" I asked him.

He nodded and then I looked around.

"Can we get out of here first, the secretary isn't going to be too happy to find me gone." I said and he nodded.

We got into my car and drove off. We drove for a couple of minutes coming to a bridge and trail. I figured this would be a good place to talk.

"Okay, so what's going on?" I asked him, both of us getting out of the car.

"Rosegrave isn't just a prep school. That place, they're shaping the next generation of powerful people." He told me.

"Frank, I hate to break it to you but that's the definition of a prep school. It's in the name." I told him.

"No, it's bigger than that. The Dean said that if you can teach and control the future leaders, the millionaires, the politicians, the people that are well-connected... you can control the world. Better yet, you can get away with it because no one even knows you're doing it. There are dangerous people behind that school. People with a secret agenda. Even the dean was scared to talk about it." He told me.

"What kind of agenda?" I asked him, could these people be the ones who killed his Mom?

"I don't know. I think it has something to do with my grandmother and my great-grandfather, and this weird power that they have over everything." He explained.

"Then why has your grandmother had this huge change of heart? Why is she being good to me and my family then? What does she want to do with me?" I asked him.

"I'm not sure, but I think she has plans for both of us..." He trailed off. I looked to the side, worried and confused. I hated being the pawn in someone else's game. I walked over to a nearby bench and sat on it.

Frank gave me a moment before walking over and sitting next to me. He gently grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers.

"Jules... I'm glad that you're here, 'cause I don't think I could have done this alone." He told me.

"You're not giving yourself enough credit." I told him, blushing deeply.

"I could say the same for you... Look, when Romeo told me he couldn't find you... I could only think about what happened at the carnival." He admitted.

"I'm sorry." I told him.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, I'm just glad that you're okay. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if you weren't." He said.

"Well, then it's a good thing that you'll never know. And I don't plan on going anywhere. I'm with you, until the end, like I said a few days ago." I told him.