Chapter 4.1 - Secrets and Lies

Juliet's POV

I was relieved when I woke up and felt 100 times better. Sure, the thought of small spaces put me on edge but I could think of my room without freaking out, that's good right?

I looked at the clock next to me and saw it was fairly early in the morning. I got dressed and walked downstairs as quietly as I could. I figured no one was awake yet so, as a thank you, I decided to make breakfast for everyone.

I made eggs and bacon, the only breakfast items they had in their fridge. I would make sure to buy them more before leaving, don't they know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? I also made some homemade biscuits, they weren't that hard to make.

Just as I pulled out the biscuits, I heard light footsteps come down the stairs, moments later a disheveled Joe appeared.

"Well good morning, Joe." I chuckled at his appearance.

"Good morning." He groaned back.

"There's eggs and bacon ready for you, hun." I continued to chuckle at him.

"Are you going home today?" He asked me, grabbing a plate and filling it with food.

"I'm certainly going to try. I don't want to overstay my welcome." I said.

"Trust me, you won't." Joe said with a laugh.

"What are your plans for today?" I asked him, knowing that it was probably something that might get him in trouble.

"I'm going back to the beach to check on that guy, I never saw him after he saved me from that guy last night." Joe said.

"Does Frank know you're going?" I asked him.

"No, but you do... please don't tell him." Joe begged me.

"Okay, but only because I want you to do something for me. Tell that man that I said thank you... for driving the man away and all..." I say thinking back to the sound of the gun jamming. "But that's it. I still blame him for putting you at risk and breaking into this house." I added.

I still was hung up on the thought of what would've happened if that gun hadn't jammed.

Well of course I know what would've happened but... you know... oh, god, I feel sick...

I could've died last night.

"Juliet, you okay? You look a little pale." Joe asked.

"Yes, I'm alright." I said, his voice bringing me out of my thoughts. "But you'll be pale too if you don't hurry up and eat your eggs." I added with a small smile, the sick feeling already starting to go away.

Joe quickly ate his eggs and then told me goodbye, grabbing a biscuit to go. Just as the door closed behind him, Frank emerged from upstairs.

"Good morning, Jules." Frank smiled at me, then looked to the door.

"Where'd Joe go?" He inquired.

"He's got plans with Biff, I just hope they're good plans." I say, fibbing but not technically lying. I knew that Frank could tell when I lied since he knew my tells.

"That makes two of us, did you make breakfast? I smell bacon..." Frank asked me.

"Yeah, figured it was the least could do since I stayed the night. I already told Joe but I'm going to try and go back home today." I said.

"That's good but we'll miss you." Frank smiled.

"Oh, please! It's not like you won't see me again." I teased making us both laugh.