Chapter 3.2 - Of Freedom and Pleasure

[Prepare for a lot of POV changes!]

Juliet's POV

I searched through rows and rows of people, games, and attractions, trying to find Frank.

I knew he was upset, and I understood why, this was the one lead we had on where to get an answer for what his mom was working on - the thing that costed her her life - and the lady denied him that.

"Frank!" I called out again, trying to find him. The sun had set which made finding him even harder. I had gone in circles but I still couldn't find him.

I had turned another corner and called out his name but this time, there was an answer, however, it wasn't Frank's.

"Juliet?" Joe called out a few booths down the way.

I ran towards him and saw the plethora of prizes he had won.

"Wow, you got lucky tonight." I congratulated him.

"Yeah! What are you doing, you look worried?" Joe asked me.

"I'm looking for your brother, have you seen him?" I asked him.

"Did your date ditch you?" Biff teased from beside Joe.

"He's not my date, but it seems yours is going good." I shot back at her, teasing her back.

"Hey!" She tried to defend herself but Joe stopped her.

"I haven't seen him, sorry. Good luck, though." Joe said before walking off with Biff.

"Thanks, see you later, Joe." I said.

I started down the rows again, looking but I still had no luck.

Maybe I could ask my parents if they had seen him. I started back towards them when I turned a corner and accidentally ran into someone, making them drop a photo of some kind.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologized. I grabbed the photo off the ground and turned it around, going to hand it back to them -- But then I saw who was in the photo.

"Hey, this is Joe..." I stated.

I looked up quickly, confused as to why this person had this photo but when my eyes met the familiar ones, my body froze in place.

It was the tall man with the empty eyes.

His own eyes went wide, recognizing me. His face became hard and he forcefully grabbed my arms and pulled me close, turning me around and putting his hand on my mouth, preventing me from screaming. He dragged me to a nearby tornado shelter and pushed me inside.

"Where is the boy?! I know you know him! I need the piece he has! And Ern too, from the hotel I saw you at before!" The tall man demanded, his voice extremely deep. He lifted me up off the ground by my jacket. My bracelet fell off my wrist and hit the ground.

I knew that I had to protect Joe. He was just a boy.

I stayed silent and glared at him, struggling in his arms.

"Fine, if you won't talk, then you're no use to me." He said, throwing me to the ground. I landed on my shoulder and groaned in pain. He picked my bracelet up off the ground and shoved it in his pocket. I turned back towards the tall man only to see his gun aimed right at me.

He pulled the trigger but the gun only clicked. The gun had been jammed. He huffed in annoyance and then put the gun back in his coat. He started walking towards me but I scrambled back, trying to avoid him as best I could. He was about to reach me when the door to the shelter swung open, a man bursting inside.