Chapter 5.3 - The Drop

Juliet's POV

We all went up to the door, Frank shining his flashlight on it. A hand wrapped around the door and started to pull it open. 

I would know that pale wrinkled hand anywhere. 

It was the Tall Man. 

Frank quickly kicked the door open, making it hit and knock down the tall man. 

"Run!" Frank screamed at his brother and me. 

He didn't have to tell us twice, we all took off running. We went down the stairs that were nearby, knowing this would lead us back to where we were before. I looked behind us and could see the tall man just barely behind us. 

"Go! Go!" I pushed both the boys. 

We made it back to where we came in and in an effort to slow him down, I pushed down a nearby shelf and let it fall. We saw the door we came through and we sprinted harder toward it.

"Guys, the door!" Frank called out. He wanted to do the same thing that the man we chased this morning did.

"Run!" Frank called out. Both Joe and I made it to the door when I looked back and saw Frank holding a large beam toward the tall man. The tall man pulled out a long hunter's knife and stalked toward Frank.

"Frank! Let's go, come on!" I called out. 

I couldn't let him get killed. We have to get out of here. I reached for him and pulled his jacket back.

The tall man then looked at me, his empty, dark eyes drilling into me. 

"You." He spat at me. 

But I wasn't afraid. Frank was still in the middle of us.

"Yeah, me." I spat back before turning to Frank. "Come on!" 

Frank quickly turned and we both took off sprinting toward the door. We made it through before quickly turning around and shutting the door, putting the beam under the handle. I helped Frank hold the beam while the tall man beat on the door.

Once we were sure that the beam would stay, we let go and backed up.

"Run!" Frank called out, grabbing my hand and pulling me with him. We reached the bikes and immediately got out of there. 

-----

We reached Wilt's and got off the bikes. Joe and Frank started to run inside but Frank stopped when he saw that I wasn't following them. I just needed to catch my breath and calm down.

He walked back over to me and stood in front of me. He looked at me with worry.

"I'm alright." I told him, knowing he was going to ask.

"Are you sure? I mean... it's okay if you aren't." He reassured me. 

"Frank, I'm sure. I'm not afraid of him anymore. I'm just angry." I told him. 

"Did Aunt Trudy tell you the Fenton fear talk?" He asked me.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I asked him. 

"Just a hunch. But I'm glad you're not afraid anymore." He told me. 

"Thank you but it's still going to take some time. I'm just glad we got out of there with something useful." I said. 

"Me too." Frank said. 

"How did he find us?" I asked him.

"Must've followed us. He knows that we have the piece." Frank explained.

"True. Should we go inside?" I asked him. 

"Yeah, let's go." He said. He opened the door for me and then followed me in. His hand found my lower back as he leads us to the table with Joe and all of our friends.