Chapter 5.2 - The Drop

Juliet's POV

JB wasn't hurting Joe, that's good.

"You've gotta get out of here. Listen to me!" JB warned him.

"No, I can't." Joe yelled back.

Before I could stop him, Frank charged at JB and held up the pipe.

"Frank, wait!" I yelled at him.

"Stop, stop, stop, stop!" Joe exclaimed, stopping Frank from hurting JB.

"Whoa. Listen to your brother, Frank." JB pleaded to him.

"This... is JB Cox." Joe explained.

Frank lowered his pipe but JB was still on guard. I went up and stood next to Frank, dropping the crowbar on the ground

"What are you doing here?" Joe asked JB, again.

"That's my question for you." JB retorted.

"I cracked your dumb code." I told him.

"Oh, hello again. Wait, you cracked my code? I feel betrayed... and impressed. Good to know you have a beautiful mind to go along with your beautiful body." He winked at me.

Frank raised his pipe up again and JB backed down.

"Hey, hey! I'm just kidding. Jeez!" He defended himself.

"What are you even doing here? You don't have anything to sell!" Frank demanded to know.

"I know. I went back to your place. It wasn't there." He explained.

"Hey, something's in my room for two days, it's mine." Joe says.

"Is that right?" JB remarked.

"Yeah. It is." Joe shot back.

"You're here to find out who your buyer is." Frank said, bringing them back to the main issue.

"And you guys cost me fifty grand." He spat.

"You lost the fifty grand as soon as you jumped out of that plane." I shot back at him.

"Did you like that, it took some real hard work and--" JB tried to flirt but I stopped him, done with his crap.

"Your buyer has something to do with their mother's murder." I told him.

JB then looked at Joe and furrowed his eyebrows.

"You didn't tell me she was murdered..." He said. "But unfortunately, it's not my problem. My problem right now is figuring out how I'm gonna get paid." He finished.

He started to walk away but then turned around again.

"Let's not run into each other again." He told Joe but then looked at me. "Although I do hope I run into you again." He winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

He started walking away again but Frank stopped him, running after him and grabbing his shoulder.

"No! You gotta tell us something right now!" Frank demanded.

"You want something? Here's something. I stole a golden idol from a killer. The people who hired me are probably just as dangerous, so, what were you gonna do if you caught up with him, huh?" He poked at Frank's chest.

"Find out his identity, duh." I snapped.

"And then what? You think he's just going to let you leave after that - especially now that you saw his face. Maybe you're not as smart as I thought because as I recall, that didn't work out well for you last time, did it? With the tall man and the tornado shelter, and the gun, and then him trying to strangle you!" JB shot, bringing up every bad thing about that night. My body tensed up and I had to force myself to not think about it.