CPR

A day went by since the deeply hurt moment. I'm still not feeling well, I got fever last night but the other doctor was on maternity leave so couldn't be at home. My mom was continuously calling every 30 minutes to keep a check on me.

Everytime she called, I thought she called me some reason but she would always divert the topic. Like come on Yaar, I'm 24 not 4 that I won't understand the tone of speaking.

Tday is DRDZ's concert in the evening, it is 12 pm in the afternoon and I'm here working in the clinic, checking patients.

I'll go for lunch break at 2 in the afternoon, till then I have 2 hours with me.

I went to a round checking the wards when we received a call for EMS ( Emergency Medical Services) from a women whose husband was in critical condition.

My senior told the office boys to bring them through ambulance as fast as possible, I was free so I thought to accompany them, with me came my colleague Kartik who was  my best buddy since the start of medical college. Overtime we became best of friends.

When we reached there through the address which she sent us, we saw the women sitting on the sofa with her husband's head on her lap, he was shivering. The ward boys were about to lift him and keep it one stretcher when I felt the man's wrist, his pulse was low, he couldn't survive for next ten minutes if no oxygen was provided, his brain seem to be devoid of blood supply.

I looked at Kartik and we both nodded our head, due course of time we both started understanding each other by expressions only. And the most important thing, my dad liked him too.

As soon as he got me, we both said together.

"We need to perform CPR, which is also called mouth to mouth breathing" we said to the women and she cried nodding her head.

Poor she!

I pressed my both hands on the man's chest and pressed on the centre of his chest, till then Kartik joined his mouth to the man's and blew air in it. After a minute of this, the man let out a breath and we too stopped.

The boys laid him on a stretcher and then we came back to hospital.

Fortunately the man was saved although it was his second heart arrest.

The seniors praised us for quick decision making. I was happy with this.
I bid bye to Kartik at 2 o'clock and put on my helmet to drive.

See how few hours ago I was all sad and unhappy with my life and this one thing made me happy.

I reached my home and parked my scooter.

I peeped in my house through the window and found my dad talking to someone on the phone, my sister and my mom sitting right beside him, leaning towards him from either sides.

I entered the room, and everyone froze at their places, as if I caught them having drugs.

I sometimes wonder what good deeds I had done in my last life to have such crazy
family!

This was sarcasm okay, I do love my family!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Date : 17 January 2022

How was the chapter today? Drop in your comments, and guess what will happen next?

See you in the next one, till then
Bye bye!!

💕💕💕