Solo Trip?

It was a fine sunday, me and my mom settled on the swing which we had on our terrace. The atmosphere was little cold but calm. My white pyjama had pink flowers and I had paired them with a pink cozy top.

My mom and dad had started their preparations for my wedding. They seemed more excited than I was, my sister was the most excited personality.

I was overwhelmed by the joy I was seeing gleaming in their eyes. There haven't been a single day when my mom dad were sad, I was happy too.

I just needed sometime ALONE, I felt.

Keeping the mug of coffee on the floor, I looked at my mom.

"I want to say something" I said to her and she smiled saying "speak whatever you want sweetheart".

"Mom, I feel I need sometime to spend with myself" I confessed what I felt.

" Right" she said.

"Why don't you go on a trip?"

"Seriously, you are permitting me?" I said my expressions unbelievable, I didn't expect this.

" Yes, sweetie, go, enjoy yourself, I totally understand you, you have been a good daughter always, you deserve a treat" she said cupping my cheeks.

"Omg! like a solo trip ?"I asked not believing.
And she nodded her head.

"omg, you are the best!" I exclaimed and pulled her in a bone crushing hug.

"Dad?" I asked as worry accompanied my face.

"I'll make sure you are granted permission " she said smiling.

I hugged her even more tight, "I love you" I said kissing her cheek.

"Love you too" she replied smiling. My parents can be the best sometimes.

That was when my phone rang and I picked it up. There was an open heart surgery case and I had to assist the main surgery doctor so I had to leave.

I forwarded the message to Kartik and got ready.

I already had idea about this surgery. I had seen so many videos but when I did the live critical analysis, I was simply amazed, human body is the most complex yet interesting thing I have ever seen.

We changed our cloths after the surgery in the respective changing rooms when I saw Kartik approaching me near the reception.

We talked for a minute and that felt so good.

Trust me, talking with him makes me relieved, he is such a sweetheart and one of the best persons I have ever met.

I was carefully listening to the bike accident his friend had some days before when I saw some familiar figure approaching me.

I was stunned to see him, "What is he doing here?" I blurted out, loud enough for Kartik to reciprocate to my question.

The person looked at me smiling and I too passed a nervous smile.

"All the best", Kartik whispered in my ear.

He hugged me as he gently pat my back.

And shoulders of the approaching person tensed as his face became devoid of expressions for a second.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Date :  27 January 2022

How was the chapter? Drop your views in the comment section.

See you in the next one, untill then
Bye bye!!

💕💕💕