Peach looks good on me

Standing in front of my full length mirror I looked at myself.

"I look okay, I look presentable!" Giving this compliment to myself I sat down on the bed.

No doubt I was really missing my friends, they must have left their houses for the concert, I opened my Instagram and saw my group at the ground where the concert was going to take place, this broke my heart, really!

I was so excited to go there, God didn't do good with me, I'm hurt.

Throwing the phone on the bed in agression, I buried my face in the pillow cursing the situations and the things which happen on my life.

"Aren't you ready di?" Siddhi came asking to me, I sat straight on her arrival.

"No way you are wearing this" she said with a disgusted look.

"What's wrong with this?" I asked twirling around to show off the round frill my kurta had, so basically I had worn a sleeveless peach kurta and left my hair open.

"This is not what people wear on their first date" she said to me in not so subtle way.

"But peach looks good on me" I said convincing.

"Oh God, wait!" She said to me and opened the cupboard, taking out a peach knee length one piece which I bought for myself from Goa.

"This will look Amazing" she said jumping in delight.

"No, I'm not wearing this, this is my first impression and I'll wear what I'm most comfortable with, plus there will be his family too" I said to her And she got convinced, so I pulled her with me and we came in the living room.

I found my mom all dolled up in a blue saree And my dad in his regular cloths.

My dad came in front of me and held me by my shoulders.

He kissed my forehead smiling brightly, his eyes showed some unknown emotion.

Pretending to adjust my dupatta which I had taken on one side, he looked at me from top to bottom, and said.

"You look beautiful" and I looked at him, as tears gathered in my eyes, for the first time he said this to me and I hugged him, I couldn't control the amount of happiness I felt, my dad calling me beautiful felt like a dream, he always said that I look cute, but when he said that I look beautiful, I felt like a woman and not a girl.

Parting the hug, he patted my cheek and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

I took the car keys, my sister locked the door and my parents sat in the car, I sat on the driver seat when mom interupted me.

"Dear, let your dad drive today, you seat at the back with Siddhi" she said and I got what she meant.

"People know that I drive, Let them also know that I know how to drive" I made dad sit and mom sat smiling at the back seat, Siddhi sitting beside her.

And I started the car, putting the location in Google maps.

Ever since I have learned driving, I Never let my dad or mom drive when I'm with them, let them have rest sometimes.

Taking a deep breath I held the steering in my hands, wishing myself.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Date :  19 January 2022

How was the chapter? Drop your views in the comment section.

See you in the next one, untill then
Bye bye!!

💕💕💕