Everything will be fine

It has been a week already, since the concert and the meet.

As usual, I started packing my stuffs for the hospital. I have fever since 2 days but residential doctors are on strike so chances of me getting leave are negligible.

Tieing my shoelaces, I grabbed my bag, my scooty was already cleaned by dad, so I put the keys in the ignition and started my scooty.

Since ' that' night dad is behaving very differently, his behaviour towards me has become more gentle, he makes sure that I'm in comfort. He tries his best to use every single second spent with him very very memorable and that is what scares me the most!

Marrying and other things are okay but leaving your parents house is the most dreadful thing, atleast for me.

Sometimes I wonder who made such laws & rituals where the girl has to leave her house and start a new family, right from the start.

Driving through the half hour long traffic I finally reached the hospital. Greeting Kartik with a smile, I wore my white coat & put the stethoscope around my neck. I did a round when I found a patient with uneven breathing, I adjusted the oxygen level pressure in his mark, the day went spending time with patients and taking notes of doctor's prescriptions.

After 7 hours of continous standing work, I finally sat down on the sofa beside Kartik who was having his meal.

"So how was today?" he asked and I just let out a heavy breath, he chuckled at one and passed me a vegroll. I munched on it peacefully when an emergency case with acid surgery came.

***

Wrapping my white coat in the bag, I freed my hair from the rubberband, I totally stink,

"I'll have a peaceful shower once I return home",  I thought. Next, I started my scooty after biding bye to my fellow mates and directly reached home.

Parking my scooty behind our car in the parking, I noticed one more car parked in front of our house. Not paying much attention I hurried inside any house when I found the two handsome hunks again! My poor heart couldn't handle the smile Aaryan gave when I looked at him. He looks so amazing!

When he chuckled listening to something my mom said. I was brough back from my lostland.

"Have a seat" his younger brother offered and I denied.

When my gaze fell on my attire I felt so shameful, I didn't want him to look at me when I'm dressed in these hospital cloths.

Nevermind!

"Next time I'll avoid this" saying this to myself I hesitantly sat on the opposite side of the sofa beside my dad whose eyes were glimmering with something I couldn't figure out.

Aryan and Varun chatted with my family so well that I forgot that they are strangers, kind of; passing me a few smiles in between.
He had amazing talking skills, he would involve Us within his talks without letting us understanding when we spoke.

Finally after 15 minutes, he asked for a leave and my parents accompanied him till the door, he passed me a short smile when he sat on the driver seat raising his hand in the air outsidethe car window, biding me bye.

My parents sat on the sofa after closing the door.

"He is such a nice boy" my mom commented.

"Yes, he is" my dad agreed to her.

"And he is perfect for di", my sister said in overexcitement nudging me while I stood there mute.

"Why did they come here?" I asked siting beside my mom.

"They have finalised a date and therefore they came here to ask us if we are okay with it." dad replied.

"So what did you answer? And whats the date?" I asked impatiently.

"Next month 14th February" dad smiled gleefully and my breath hitched, means I'll be a married woman on this years birthday.

I smiled nervously going into my room.

Taking my clothes & towel, I stepped into the shower.

The water cascading down my skin making the surrounding humid as the warm water spread through the showerhead.

The thought of marriage made me happy and scared, both at the same time.

Happy because my parents are happy and the family I'm marrying into also seems nice but the fact that is scaring me is leaving any house, my parents and legit starting a new life with a new family. Everything will be so new. plus there is only one woman in the house, that is his mom, how will Icope up with their expectations of a daughters in law?

"Maybe I'm overthinking about all this again and again" I said to myself and let the thoughts go away.

"Everything will be fine" I assured myself.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Date :  26 January 2022

How was the chapter? Drop your views in the comment section.

See you in the next one, until then
Bye bye!!

💕💕💕