WHAT?

I looked at them suspeciously. They passed me a nervous smile and my sister came running towards me.

She held my hand and dragged me to my room, she closed the door with a bang and climbed on top of me, kissing my hair.

Doesn't she know that she is minor and sexual harassment is a worse thing?

I pushed her to the side of bed and made my shirt tidy.

"What has happened Siddhi? Stop harassing me!" I said to her tieing my pony into a bun.

"My dear sister, the thing which you will hear now, will make you jump in happiness" she said in utter excitement, she was herself jumping up and down on the bed and  the glow on her face was never seen before.

"Did you manage to get The Concert's passes for me?" I asked with hopeful eyes.

And she made a nervous face, and I got that this was not the thing she was talking about.

I sighed sitting on the bed. I took some water from the jug pouring it into the glass.

I took a sip and she blurted out.

"You won't be a virgin any more" she said in excitement and I spit the water on her face;

WTH! did she just say?

She wiped her face with the towel in disgust. She looked at me with murderous glare and I looked at her confusingly, my hair escaped out of the bun, falling on my face.

"Okay, calm down, calm down, what happened?" I said to her as I made her sit beside me.

"Dad got a groom for you?" She said with the loudest possible voice and her eyes shone bright.

And my heart stopped beating for a second, I think I will need a CPR now.

Soon my parents entered the room and I just looked at them with "WHAT?" expression clearly visible on my face.

They chuckled nervously looking at each other and then sat on the bed on either side of me.

"My girl, Siddhi must have told you" my mum asked and I just wanted to cry out.

I know that I had to marry one day but that doesn't mean I was ready at the moment.

I looked at my parents whose eyes were shining bright, I could see myself in a red lehenga sitting in front of the holy fire in their eyes.

Every parent has lots of plans for their daughter, so do my parents have, and this is reality but I really don't want to live in reality, I want to spend more time with my parents, my sister, my friends. What will happen to me? The dreams which I had seen to roam here and there with my family.

What will happen to my bucketlist?

After tenth, I studied for 2 years with full devotion to get a seat in a Govt. Medical college and after that we had to go college in another month, where I didn't get any vacation, after that I'm doing internship, since 5 years I'm stuck here.

I never got a break!

I looked at my parents, their gaze was so convincing. I looked downwards, my fingers fiddling with each other, it was my habit since childhood, whenever I used to get nervous, my fingers would fiddle with each other and my hands would sweat.

I can't deny them, but I can't even sacrifice my dreams. God knows what will happen, and how my parents decided everything by themselves without even asking me?

I took a steady position, wiping all the expressions off my face.

"I want to hear everything  from your mouth, tell me each thing from the start".
I said as I maintained a straight face, dismay evident on my face.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Date :  18 January 2022

How was the chapter? Drop your views in the comment section.

See you in the next one, untill then
Bye bye!!

💕💕💕