Chapter fifteen~ "You made me do this."

(A/N: I'm updating really fast now, and to be quite honest I really just want to finish this book as quick as I can. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that I'm losing interest. Anyway, Heres chapter 15, enjoy <3)

Chapter fifteen

I didn’t want to put on the dark dresses in the closet that Leo’s mom had prepared for me. They were even more horrid than the gold ones Eliyn insisted I wear.

But what else was I going to wear exactly? My underwear?

                “The sinister look suits you. You were born to be Trys, Vi.” Thif smiled as he gave me my breakfast- the same gooey thing Miranda had given me the other day. I nodded and mumbled a simple thank you. Usually I would’ve snapped something smart back like: I was born to be a Myllic, not a Trys. If I was born to be a Trys then I think my mom might’ve had an abortion.

“You do look startling, my dear.” The lady I recognised at Thif’s wife- the queen of Trys, sat down at the table to join me. Then she leaned closer towards me as if to share a secret. “If it was up to me I’d have Leo marry you right now.” She giggled. At first I was over-ridden with surprise and inability to say anything but then I realised if I didn’t answer she’d know something was up. So I sat there giggling with her like a little girl.

What a time for Leo to enter.

“Good morning.” He said, in a rather cheerful voice. I cringed. I was the reason for his glee, my lies were the reason.

“Morning son,” Thif and his wife chorused. When he sat the silence made me realise I was meant to say hello too.

“Oh, er, Morning.” I said awkwardly and mentally cursed myself for being such a freak.

We spent the rest of the hour eating the goo, talking about why I’d left (I learned I was a surprisingly good liar) and how amazing Trys was. Of course it was all a load of bullshit.

It kind of felt like a family re-union. But the thing that kept making me blush and feel uncomfortable was the fact that Leo’s mom kept bringing up the subject of marriage and what a lovely girl I was, and who would I ever chose to give myself too.

It seemed they were completely un-aware of the war raging outside their doorstep and the fact there was no one for me to marry. Apart from Leo of course. If I stayed, like they thought I would.

“Mom, she obviously doesn’t want to talk about it!” He snapped, looking rather embarrassed himself. She smiled mischievously at his and ruffled his hair.

                                “Vi.” One syllable and I had died inside.

I turned around slowly to face the intruder and mentally whimpered. “Eelii.” I said, just as coldly as he had said my name. His fists clenched as his eyes skimmed over my dark dress. Suddenly Leo ran towards him, maybe in an attempt to try and hold him back. But when he came within three metres of Eelii he went flying backwards, flailing into the wall.

Thif tried the same and his attempt failed just as bad as Leo’s had. Eelii had obviously been training a lot… or he just was pretty angry about something.

The amount of times the opposing side had entered the other side’s castle was almost amusing. Didn’t they have security? And if they could pop in and out of each other’s castles, why didn’t they attack?

A small part of my brain was telling me that I was the reason, but I pushed that thought away. No time to be arrogant.

“How could you do this?” He said, sternly, walking towards me. He looked pretty menacing so I stood from my chair and stumbled backwards.