Chapter fortythree~ "Forever."

Chapter fortythree~ “Forever.”

His smile flooded the room with warmth again and I returned his smile. He walked past, to go to the garden where he was meeting a ruler of another kingdom about ally-ship.  He had been nervous about it this morning, he was scared he might create another war.

“Good luck.” I said sweetly to Leo. He grinned wider and nodded at me before exiting through the back door.

It had been three months since that day. Yeah, the day I died. I feels weird knowing I was dead. Well, technically I was still alive, just not in my body. 

Since that day, a lot had happened.

Thif and his wife were locked up, but it didn’t seem to stop Thif. He tried to escape almost once a week. It came to the point where we had to strip him of his powers. But even that didn’t work; his anger at the world was just too defiant to know any better.

In the end I and Leo came across the decision to banish him to earth. He was sent down to earth a month ago and we are keeping an eye on him, not that he knew. So far, so good. The police had already locked him up for a night because of un-sociable behaviour though.

His wife, however, had let her anger go. She seemed a little kinder than her husband. Leo almost gave in to her once, he cried that whole night because he felt bad about locking his mother away. But on that night she just so happened to break free and begin a killing spree. She wasn’t doing quite as well as we thought.

Luckily, I managed to heal almost everyone with the help of my mother, a subject I’ll tell you more about later.

We agreed we had to send her to earth too. And we did. She had done exceedingly better than Thif at adapting; she’s actually already found herself a human lover. Leo sometimes visits her, but only I know about it.

I and Leo have spent the last three months taking it in turns to stay at each other’s kingdom. We’re quite close now, I’d say we’ve never been better.

And I know what you’re thinking, Eelii. But he has moved on too, you know.

He’s quite the lover, actually. Because at first, a few weeks after the big event, he started to see Aily. Which of course, I didn’t approve of. But soon after that, she got bored. Apparently he just wasn’t what she wanted. She didn’t want castle and clean, she wanted street and struggling. Ironic really, after all she’d put into being jealous of us two.

Eelii didn’t seem to mind at all though. It was who he latched onto next that shocked me. I actually felt quite guilty when I found out. I mean, how could I not see it? Miranda. She’d liked him for some time now, and despite hiding her feeling really, and I mean really, well, they finally got together. They’re still together, and practically perfect. I can’t believe I made her sit and watch us two day after day. I, Leo, Eelii and Miranda often meet up. When I’m in Trys with Leo she’s in charge. She does make a very good queen, and despite insisting she loves me ruling, I know somewhere deep down she wants to be independently ruling herself.

Trys and Myllic are finally on good terms with each other. We had worked together to clean our streets, and we were rebuilding the houses one by one. There would be parties involving both kingdoms most of time. You could almost call us one kingdom; our people were so close.

Eliyn told me that it had been like this before, before everything had happened. She had stuck around for a while, always by my side and protecting me. She warned me about Leo, she was scared he would turn out like Thif, but I told her she had nothing to worry about. Thif and Leo were nothing alike.

It was just a few weeks ago that she had moved on. She said she was proud, but there was nothing more she could do. She wanted to see her Phillip and I couldn’t blame her. I couldn’t make her stay any longer, she’d served her time. So I let her go and after a few days of crying I managed to put on a brave face and become queen on my own all over again.