Chapter fortytwo~ "I know that."

(A/N: As I promised, here is another update! I will most likely update tommorow too been as I really want to get this story finished! *So on a roll!*)

Chapter fortytwo~ "I know that."

“That’s not possible.” Thif stated looking up at me with disbelief. It was funny how I could hear him from all the way up here. I let a confident smile tease him. “No!” He shouted in anger, throwing his arms forwards. I didn’t understand what he was doing at first, but then I realised.

The rock beneath me wobbled and then in a split second it cracked and began to fall to the floor. I fell with it at first, not quite sure what do to. I guess I’d just have to wait and see if I died from this fall. I was beginning to see Thif as he really was now. Naïve and still raging after all of these years. Surely he’d let it go… surely with Eliyn gone his anger would go. But apparently he had a lot more anger cooped up inside that bulky body of his.

Rocks around me fell faster than me, even if I was heavier. I felt something trying to save me, a person… maybe,

“I don’t need these anymore.” Eliyn whispered into my ear, but I couldn’t see her. I knew she was there, though. She would always be there.

The wings that appeared on my back belonged to Eliyn. They opened like a parachute and I was surrounded in rock. I let out a gasp of delight and looked at my shoulders, taking in the glittering golden wings.

They flapped under my command and it didn’t even take second thoughts. It was natural. I as laughing now and the rocks had long but left me alone in the air. They fell to the floor silently and the crowd beneath me looked on, just as shocked as me.

Wings! I had wings!

I let out a cry of joy before swirling around the arena’s walls. The cage had fallen but the outline was still there and I fluttered around it faster than a bullet train. With a glance downwards I saw all the people, from Trys and Myllic, smiling with me. I guess my happiness was contagious.

That’s when Thif let out an angry growl, and instead of being scared like anyone else would’ve been, I laughed and lowered myself so I was hovering a little in front of him.

“You’ve kept your secret a little too long now, Thif.” I said, keeping my wings steady and making sure I was firmly suspended in the air. The light from the wings was making Thif have to squint a little.

“What secret?” He growled, clenching his fists. I smiled and tilted my head to the side. He had loved my mother. He had started this war because he had loved her. Well, he has a funny way of showing his love…

I turned away then, to look at the onlookers. “I think they deserve to know why the war started, don’t you?”

A girl from the crowd, a girl I recognised as Aily, stood forwards, as moody as ever. “We already know! It’s you who doesn’t!”

I smiled, wondering why they thought the war started. “How did it start then?” I asked her, waving my hands down towards her figure.

She looked around, biting her lip before speaking out again. “The king and the queens of Trys and Myllic died in a meeting! I-it was Thif who started the fire but it’s Eliyn’s fault!”

“Thif did not start the fire!” Roared a young Trys girl, stepping to confront Aily. “Eliyn did! And it’s all her fault!” Aily shook her head, ready to return the snappy comebacks but I butted in.

“Wrong!” I laughed, a little childishly, they both turned to me, confused. I smiled confidently. “You see Thif and Eliyn have kept a secret all this time.”