Chapter thirtyseven~ "I love you."

(A/N: Dun dun duuurrhhh :'D)

Chapter thirtyseven~

We met in the middle. We were a metre away from each other. The weather was dry and warm, yet I could still see my breath in clouds from my mouth. My heart shivered, turning into nothing but ice. Leo’s jaw locked and I broke the stare we were holding.

He wanted me to start it. He wanted me to make the first mistake.

The crowd waited in silence for the action to begin. I tried to look around for Eelii, but he was nowhere to be seen, instead I got a re-assuring smile and thumbs up from Miranda.

“Vi, I’m sorry for what I’m about to do.” He said, in a low and hollow voice. The emotion I’d felt once from his voice was gone. Thif had turned his own son into a monster. But I couldn’t be weak now.

I wouldn’t kill Leo, but I’d kill the monster I front of me.

“I’m not.” I said simply, matching his low tone.

A sword was flashing in front of my face, then Leo’s face, we were both ducking.

I realised it was me that had drawn the sword. Leo stumbled backwards in shock and I took the advantage.

He quickly threw his sword in the way of mine, shielding his face. They met with a clang and that’s when the crowd jumped to their feet, crying our names.

Leo was stronger than me and he pushed my sword back, making me lose my footing. I stumbled back to the middle where it’d started. Leo took another swing and I ducked, not bothering to block it. It barely missed my neck. Leo swung it back the way it had just came and I didn’t see it coming.

It hit my waist and then my armour let out an ear breaking clink. I fell to the floor, but didn’t feel the pain.

I mentally reminded myself that if I got out alive I’d thank Miranda for the suit. Leo swung downwards at my feeble body. I rolled around in the sandy floor and his sword wedged into the ground.

I took this as a chance to jump to my feet. While he was pulling his sword from the floor I swung my own sword at him sideways.

The force I’d used to swing it knocked him off balance and he let go of his grip of the sword.

He was about to fall onto when he flung his hands behind him, using his wind powers to regain his balance. When he was on both feet steadily, he flung the wind at me. The sword I’d been holding carelessly went flying behind me.

He used another, stronger, gust of wind to send me flying backwards too. I landed on my back, looking up at the caging and the crowd, craning their necks though the squares to catch a glimpse at the action.

My sword was to my right and could easily be obtained, that was if Leo wasn’t using some kind of magic to hold me down to the floor.

I tried to wriggle free of the force pressing me into the ground, but it was useless. I let out a yelp as He put his sword to my throat.

Was it going to be over this quickly? Maybe Eelii was right. I was just going to make a fool of Myllic.

I dug my hands into the ground then, using all the knowledge I had to try and release me from this spell.

“Release,” I whispered, closing my eyes. I felt the pressure I hadn’t even felt lift from my body and I grabbed Leo’s sword with both hands. The metal from my armour and the metal from the sword didn’t make a pleasant sound.

I heard Leo let out a straggled sound when I tipped his sword over to the left. He fell clumsily to the floor and I jumped up, grabbing his sword and using it against him.