Chapter fortyfour~ "You guys are the best."

(A/N: I promised, and I updated :3)

Chapter fortyfour~ “You guys are the best.”

“You may now kiss the bride.”

Those words had etched themselves into my brain, as the best memory I could’ve possibly asked for. The cheering, the sparkles, the wings, the happiness. The day went by as a blur but I remember it as if it were yesterday.

My dress, despite Miranda begging me to make gold after Myllic tradition, was white. Human tradition, I said. No one bothered to argue with me, been as it was my special day. I carefully had golden sparkles around the waist and the chest though, to keep the crowds smiling. The wedding happened in the garden of the Myllic castle. Me and Leo wed under the tree of beauty, after picking petals to see the future. We weren’t allowed to tell each other what we had seen, but we had whispered it into each other’s that night.

Eelii was the best man, and despite Leo’s bad history with him, the got on like best friends. Miranda was my bride of honour, followed by some other fairies, including Aily. They all looked wonderful.

But Leo looked the best. His hair was slightly ruffled and he dressed in a white suit with a gold tie. Matching mine. He had done everything I’d asked for, but I don’t think he really minded. He just wanted the marry part.

Everyone was invited, and despite Eelii’s fears of a secret attack on the tree of beauty, everything went fine. Everyone cheered and laughed and the after party in Trys was one of the best nights of my life.

But that was a while ago now. Almost sixteen years. Time flies when everything is perfect, right?

“Mom, I think I’m old enough to hear the story everyone talks about at school now. They’re going to teach me about it in history class soon. I think you should tell me first, though.” Ebony whined, walking through the doors to the castle. I smiled lightly and shook my head. She pouted, spreading her wings and walking towards me. “Come on!”

“I’ll tell you when you need to know.” I said, admiring my little girl. She was 15 this year. I know I was pretty young to be having kids, but apparently that’s how they did things here in fairy world.

Miranda had given birth to twins three months before me. They had called them Eliyn and Demetrio. Eliyn after the queen, obviously, and Demetrio after Eliyn’s father. I’d heard he was a great king. The three youngsters had grown pretty close, and I hate admitting it but Demetrio seemed almost perfect for my Ebony.

Even Aily has a child now. Hers is a year younger than ours, though, but it doesn’t stop them getting along. He’s a little boy called Clow. He has a deep purple hair naturally, so I figured Eelii’s hair is natural too.

Ebony was a beautiful blonde. She didn’t look at all like me or Leo, but she acted almost as if she were us. I even saw a little bit of Thif in her now and again. But she looks like one person way more than the others. Eliyn, my mother, not her best friend.

She’s seen pictures of her grandmother, but that’s all. She begs me to know about what happened before she was born almost every day. And I always reply with the same thing.

She doesn’t need to know yet. I don’t want her knowing that her grandfather started the war and killed all of her great grand-parents, or that her dad killed her grandmother, or that me and her dad were battling to our deaths before any of this ended, or that I had loved her boyfriend’s dad for a while. You get the picture, it’s confusing and pretty hostile as it is, I don’t need to push any of this onto her shoulders too.

But she will know. She’ll know when she needs too.

Mom!” She whined, huffing and puffing like she always did. I smiled and ruffled her hair.