Chapter twentythree~ "You need to think things over."

(A/N: C'mon, C'mon, C'mon....)

Chapter twentythree~

I laughed, grabbing Eelii’s hands and dragging him towards Eliyn and Miranda and a few of the other girls in long dresses. Eliyn had thrown a party for my return and Tristan’s safety. I loved her for that.

I had managed to make Eelii like me once again, I just hoped he wouldn’t change his mind again. I was beginning to get whiplash from all his changing Eelii’s.

The music from Myllic had no words, but I felt the music connect with my heart and heard the words coming from my own voice from within. I’d never heard fairy music before, and I had been missing out on so much!

Eelii reluctantly danced with me as a joke, making silly faces. Miranda soon joined us and we were spinning in a wonky triangle. 

Suddenly the doors opened and revealed masses of guards. The grinned at the music and the dancing and eased into the dancing group of people. They made the party look way bigger, and the energy levels flew higher than they had been a few minutes ago. I wasn’t even sure if I was drunk… I felt drunk but I hadn’t actually drunk anything. Maybe this was what Eliyn had been talking about when she said fairy music always had an effect on people.

“May I have this dance?” A tall thin guard offered Miranda a hand she took it, blushing. I laughed as they shuffled off together in unison. All it took was a few minutes and they were staring deep into one and another’s souls.

“May I have this dance, your highness?” Another guard laid his hand on my shoulder and I spun to face him. He wasn’t bad-looking, but then again, fairies were all amazingly pretty.

I stood awkwardly searching for something to say before Eelii’s hands were on my shoulders.

“Sorry, she’s dancing with me at the moment.” He winked at the disappointed soldier and sent him on his way. I smirked and looked at Eelii. He shrugged and grabbed my hands again, begging me to go back dancing.

After twirling around and around and around and around and around and around, I decided I needed to sit down before I became too dizzy to function.

Eelii sat next to me and even after I tried to make him go and dance he stayed with me at the side, catching his breath.

“I really am glad you’re back.” He blushed, looking at me. I blushed equally as hard, but I wasn’t sure if it was because of the music or Eelii. The music was still buzzing along with the conversations of other fairy’s behind us.

“I’m really glad I’m back too.” I said smugly and he laughed. His laugh seemed to shade my blush a deeper shade of red.

“I hope you can forgive me for trying to kill you.” He shuffled his chair closer and I looked at him with a weak smile.

“You wouldn’t have really killed me, right?” I asked, knowing the answer was no. But even if he would’ve he wouldn’t have told me.

“I might act all macho, but really I’m a big wuss.” He laughed and leaned back in his chair, bobbing his head in the time of the music.

“I’m sure that’s not true.” I bit my lip, excited by the music and the playful conversation.

“I’m harmless, I couldn’t hurt a fly.”

“You’re not harmless. You hurt me.” I didn’t mean to say it. I swear. I never meant to blurt it out so easily but I couldn’t stop my mouth from blabbing.

“Well you hurt me too…” He mumbled and when I looked at him again our faces were so close.

“I never meant to.” I sighed, keeping my head parallel with his.

“Neither did I.” He replied in the same voice as I had used.

“So shall we call it even?” I offered as the disco lights and fairy dust lit up his face for a moment.

“It wouldn’t be even, you hurt me more than I hurt you.”

“I don’t think I did.” I smirked, still keeping my eyes exactly in his.

“Do you want to bet?” His hand was on my cheek.

Like Leo had done before he had saved me. Oh god. Leo.

Eelii took my silence as a chance. He leaned in and just as our lips touched I jumped up.

Leo!

“I’m sorry, I can’t!” I exclaimed frantically, feeling guilty. I stumbled backwards and out of Eelii’s judgemental look and into the group of dancing mindless fairy’s.

Eliyn’s hand was on my arm.

“You need to think things over.” She said sternly, obviously knowing about what had just happened.

“I do… I do,” I mumbled mentally running to the doors for fresh air and light.

Oh god. Oh god. Leo. Eelii. Leo? EELII?

Oh my god. Oh my god. I fanned myself with my hands as I rushed to the balcony.

I opened the doors to fresh air and the smell of fresh grown fruit.

“What am I meant to do!?” I shrieked into the night air, wishing on the stars to make Leo okay and Eelii just want to be friends.