Chapter twentyseven~ "No, you don't."

(A/N: Very very very short chapter again. Sorry >.< I promise they get better and longer. lol)

Chapter twentyseven~

“Don’t.” I murmured to Leo, getting as close as I could to the shield.

“Why?” He snapped, turning to me with his sword still raised. “Will you miss him? Will your heart-brake? Will cry for him?”

I was shocked at his outburst, but too confused to reply. Leo took the frozen facial expression of mine as realisation.

“You love him.” His voice was a snarl and I was even more confused. “He told me everything!” He pointed to the limp body on the floor.

“Oh, Eelii.” I sighed, feeling suddenly at ease. I broke the force field and it fell down in shatters. I walked towards Leo and smiled like a kid.

“What?” He snapped in anger and I laughed.

I raised my hands and Eelii floated into the gates, into to safety.

“This is a war, isn’t it?” I turned to Thif. “You’ve got to stop kidding yourselves. Make up your damn minds!”

“We have. And It’s a war!” This boomed back, pushing me away from his son.

“If this is a war, you and I, Leo, are on different sides of the fence.” I turned back to Leo, whose crimson red eyes were looking at me with a strained expression.

“But after this war is over-”

“We’ll still be on different sides of the fence. Ever read Romeo and Juliet?” At the confusion on his face I took that as a no. He was a fairy after all, they didn’t read human books. I ducked my head and blushed. “No, of course not.”

“So you’ve already chosen that guard boy?” He crossed his arms ignorantly.

“I will not choose between the two of you. I don’t have to too.” I waved my arms towards Leo for no apparent reason.

“I don’t understand.” He muttered stubbornly.

“I don’t either.” I turned around, waving slightly as I went. “Bye, Romeo, ‘till we meet again.”

A line of guards waiting ran to the exact same spot I was stood and re-created the shield I had broken to get Eelii.

Eelii had been rushed off to a room where medical help could be given and part of me wished Eliyn was still here so she could heal him, but the other half protested to think about her.

I would talk with him later. I still don’t know why he would’ve stayed behind and told Leo anything.

I knew it was Leo. Leo was the one who had grabbed my heart and slowly, day by day, he was suffocating it into nothing. He didn’t understand that it could never work.

Anyway, I didn’t need to bother myself about this; I had a war to win. And then, well, then I’d fade away. Miranda would run the kingdom and everything would be peaceful.

Entering the castle again was like entering a different world from the last time I’d been here. The chaos was gone and it looked like Miranda had nailed down to every pin point.

I nodded to myself. She could run a kingdom as easily as she could click her fingers, but I, I could only do so much.

I was the fire that they needed to win the war. She was the water that would put me out after my use is over.

                “Eelii?” I knocked on the door and after no reply I opened it. He was sat at the end of his bed looking out the window. I was just walking towards him when I stopped at his voice.

“I love you.” He said it like he had just realised it. I froze and decided not to go any further into the room.

“No, you don’t.” I re-assured him. He didn’t, he just thought he did.

“Yes! I do!” He jumped up like a little kid and I shook my head. “Y-you’re amazing, why wouldn’t I love you?”

“Because a week ago you had hated my guts.” I laughed, patting my dress down.

“Well, I was being stupid then!” He waved his arms like he was some sort of monkey.

“Eelii, that was a week ago!” I countered. “You can’t fall in love in a week.”

“I can. And maybe it’ll take longer for you but when you do it’ll be perfect.”

That was it. I had to get him to change back to just liking me, or maybe hating me, wither one was better than this.

“Why would I ever fall in love with you?” I snapped. I had to do it, I persuaded myself. There was no other way. He stepped back like he’d been shot down.

“B-because we’d go together perfectly.” He mumbled, shuffling nervously on his feet. He had suddenly transformed from a brave valiant guard to a little child again.

“No we wouldn’t!” I laughed menacingly. With that I had to leave before I made myself cry.

I ran back to my room and jumped onto my bed. Being queen was nothing easy.

How the hell would this war end? Would Trys give up? Would they attack once more and come on a castle rampage, killing everybody but me so I could weep for them?

There was no way possible if everything stayed like this. I hated to say it, but we couldn’t hide forever. One way or another, we’d have to go out.

And what if there were more Myllic men out there? What if they’re wondering round the streets wondering where everyone’s gone? What if the Trys fall upon him and they take him back and torture all he knows out of him?

I stopped the thoughts as they were and my mind ran back to Leo.

What had Eelii told him?

What if there really was no chance of it all working out?

No, that mustn’t matter now. All that must matter is Myllic.

My kingdom.