Chapter twentyone~ "You're not perfect."

(A/N: Lalallalala~)

Chapter twentyone~

His voice was low enough for the rest of the room not to hear. His breath felt warm against my face and his fingers brushed the hair from eyes as I had done to Tristan before saving his life.

“I don’t want to care...” He said, sounding suddenly like a kid who didn’t want to play with other kids, “Caring hurts.”

“Tell me about it.” I laughed slightly, gritting my teeth through the pain of my crushed ribs. So the boy finally realises he can care. Well, I guess this wasn’t the best timing but maybe he would still see the light.

“But I still…” He struggled to find the words and I could see Thif getting agitated at the lack of my death through the corner of my eye. “I still…” Leo stuttered, putting his hand on my cheek. To Thif it probably looked like a gesture of dominance and to over-rule me, but I knew it was much more. His hand was so warm on my cheeks and his eyes dropped to look at my lips. “I like it.” He licked his lips questioningly.

His eyes then, once again, met mine and he smiled weakly. His arms went from my face to around my limp body and in seconds his wings were out and flapping violently.

Thif and everyone else in the room stumbled backwards in the gusts of wind. Leo carried me in a bridal lift and then his feet left the ground.

“LEO! DON’T YOU DARE!” His father cautioned.

“What are you doing?!” Shrieked Hope, who was covering her eyes with her arms and holding onto her original holding post.

“Leo, there will be consequences!” His mother shouted just as he broke through the back window, carrying me towards Myllic.

I looked up to Leo, who was looking clearly ahead.

“What are you going to do…?” I asked cautiously. We both knew his family wouldn’t be very forgiving. They just had my life in their hands and Leo ruined the chance to kill me off.

“I’m going to give you back to Myllic.” He avoided the question, still looking up. I looked at his wings, bold and demoniac in the clouded sky.

“What are you going to do when you go home?” I repeated the question with new words, hoping he wouldn’t be able to avoid the question this time. He glanced down at me then.

The wind was making his hair flail around his face and he seemed to look even sexier right now. Not the time, I snapped at myself.

“I’m going to forgot this ever happened. And so will my family.” Said Leo, sternly. I looked to his wings again, anything to avoid his poisonous look. I bet he didn’t know he was the reason my heart was burning so strongly right now.

“Why was Hope there?” I asked quietly, now moving onto another subject I really didn’t understand. Leo looked up again, focusing clearly on his path to my safety.

I tried to turn my face so I was looking at the Myllic castle but my neck screamed in pain, rejecting my request to see home.

“You could call her a newly adopted family pet.” He smirked slightly. I nodded subtly, even though I still didn’t understand, but something told me I didn’t need too.

Every time his wings flapped, beating in a steady motion, I would see the Trys castle getting slowly smaller. As the temperature seemed to rise and the light began to seep through the clouds I smiled in bliss. I was coming home.

I just prayed they would forgive me.

A few metres before we were there, Leo tightened his grip around me, like he didn’t want to let me go. I would’ve done the same if my body didn’t scream in pain every time I tried.

Just as his feet his Myllic soil, Eliyn, Miranda and Eelii all rushed out of the nearest castle door. They probably saw us approaching. Leo knelt down in their presence, laying me half on the floor and half on his knee.

I looked up into his eyes.

“Why?” I blurt out weakly. I was scared to ask it on the way over here in fear he’d change his mind. He smiled weakly and ducked his head so his lips were resting on mine lightly.

“Because I love you.” His wings surrounded us in a circle, so no one else could see us. “Because I care.”

That’s when his wings stretched outwards and he helped me to my feet. In seconds he was off his feet and flying off in the other direction. I was breathless.

“LEO!” I shrieked, he couldn’t just leave me at that and expect me to be ok!

He turned around and winked at me, “I’ll be fine.”

His confidence made me smile a little, realising some of the fear I felt for his imminent doom. Surely Thif would never forgive him for doing something like this. Even his mother said there would be consequences.

“What are you doing here?” Miranda snapped at me, making me turn quickly back towards home. I winced at the quick movement but nothing could ruin the bliss.

“I-I just went to save Tristan,” I mumbled weakly, “I didn’t mean for it to hurt you-”

All three of them frowned at me, probably getting ready to lock me up and keep me as a prisoner.

“I’m so sorry! I only went to save Tristan! I didn’t want to leave Myllic, but I’m back now!” I blurted out. There was really no other way to say it. “Please forgive me.

“Of course!” Miranda and Eliyn erupted into smiles and ran towards me eagerly. I knew they would welcome me into their home as eagerly as Thif had done. It was all to do with blind dreaming. But this time I wasn’t fooling anyone. I winced when Eliyn’s arms wrapped themselves around a bruised patch on my back.

She jumped backwards apologising and then healing all my wounds. I sighed, in relief to be out of the pain. It came in handy to have the only healing fairy as your mother sometimes…

I glanced past Eliyn and Miranda to see a reluctant Eelii. He stared at me with an expression I couldn’t read.

“Eelii-”

“Why didn’t you tell us that was your plan? Why didn’t you say? You knew you could’ve trusted us!” He suddenly snapped, crossing his arms over his chest.

“If I could convince you than I could convince them!” I snapped back defensively.

“But you didn’t need to hurt any of us in the process. But I guess that’s ok, because you knew we’d all forgive you like blind mice!” I was taken aback by his sudden raise of voice.

“I had to do it to save-”

“Yeah, yeah. We know. Save the human.” He rolled his eyes and shook his head as if it was a pathetic excuse.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I forgot fairies can’t care.” It was my turn to cross my arms. Like it was my fault! He was the one who had tried to kill me! He knew I’d done this all for the greater good!

“It’s not like you can talk, you’re not perfect. But it’s not my fault you don’t have wings!” He laughed, adding to the wasp’s sting. I glared at him with hatred. He didn’t just say that. He really did not just say that.

I stepped forwards, about to do something I knew I would regret, when Eliyn put her hand on my arm to caution me. I looked down at her firm warning and relaxed from my tense posture.

“He’s just mad, Vi. Give him time and all will be well.” She said calmly. I had forgotten how magnificent she was. “He was very hurt when you left, although he might not show it.”

I closed my eyes and ran inside to the home I hadn’t been into for weeks. It was so bright and big, but I remembered all the passageways like I had lived here for so long. I guess in comparison this was nothing to the Trys castle.

I ran to the balcony on the front of the castle, over-looking to war. I squinted my eyes, seeing the Trys castle as a mere smudged dot in the view.

What could they be possibly doing to Leo right now?