Chapter twentynine~ "It's Aily."

Chapter twentynine~

“Higher.” Ordered Eelii. I raised my arms higher and the but the sword just wobbled in my hands as I struggled with its weight. He muttered something to himself and I threw it to the ground.

“I’m so done!” I snapped, walking away. I was never going to get this stupid fighting thing right so there was no point in trying.

“Stop being so childish!” He shouted at me as I walked away. “You’re not just fighting for your own life, now, you’re fighting for all of Myllic’s life!”

“Myllic isn’t the one in the stadium with a 50/50 chance of living! If I die Myllic will still live!” I snapped back, he really didn’t want to start a fight now. I only had a month and a half to get this fighting thing down to a T.

“Yes, but if you die, you’re dead! You won’t have to suffer, Myllic will!” Suddenly he was in front of me.

This Eelii wasn’t my friend. Neither was he my enemy.

He was just my trainer. And that’s how I wanted it to stay.

“Myllic won’t suffer. It’ll have Miranda as a queen and it won’t have to fight anymore. It’ll be peaceful.” I disagreed. How could he think any differently?

“Miranda won’t take the throne. Trys will over rule us. Myllic will die out and we’ll be ruled by Thif.” He said.

“Well that’s an optimistic way of looking at it.” I laughed, still walking away. There was nothing he could do, I was going to do what I wanted until the day when I had to go and fight Leo.

“Leo will have a sword. Now I don’t know myself, but I assume being murdered with a blade hurts like heck. At least train so you can defend yourself!” He grabbed my arm and literally dragged me back.

“I can’t do it.” I whined, trying to tug my arm from his grip. “It’s useless!”

“Just try!” He shouted louder than I had expected and I think my eardrum might have just exploded. I shivered as his grip around my arm got tighter.

Fine.” I snapped, flinging him away from me with a huge push. He smiled and threw me back my sword.

I squealed and stepped back before it could reach me. It landed on the grass with a thud and Eelii gave me an un-impressed look.  Smiled side-wards at him and bent down to pick it up.

He showed me to a tree, just a normal tree at the side of the opening. He told me to hit it with my sword with all the effort I had.

I moaned but after a few swings I began to channel all of my anger into the sword. Apparently this was what Eelii had wanted.

I might‘ve been able to hit the tree with my anger, but hitting a living thing was a completely different thing.

I swung at Eelii again, but hands were wobbly and my elbows were jelly- just like all the times I’d already tried to attack him.

“I saw you fight Thif before! Come on Vi, stop being lazy!” He snapped and grabbed the end of my sword. I raised my eyebrows at him, he’d just grabbed the end of a blade, sholdn’t his hand be covered in blood right about now?

“That was because I had to, I had no other choice!” I replied, trying helplessly to pull my sword back into my possession. But his hands were stuck to the metal blade like glue and I knew he wasn’t going to give up any time soon.

“Well I’m giving you no other choice now,” His eyes squinted at me. “You train now, or die later.” He pulled the sword right out of my hands now and I, having all of my balance on pulling the sword, fell straight to the floor.