Chapter fortyfive~ *The end.*

Leo smiled at me from across the table, giving me some sense of reality. The people sat around us were all jabbering on about war officials and stuff I didn’t know or care about. There had just been a war between some distant kingdoms and the official board wanted to make sure it didn’t happen again. All the rulers of the kingdoms in the near section of this world had organised this meeting.

The kingdoms at war were placed at different ends of the table, and despite Leo’s begging, me and him had been split up as rulers of different kingdoms.

Some of the other kings thought that basing a kingdoms alliance on our relation was stupid; apparently we were bound to fall out and ruin it all sometime soon.

“Mrs Lyprith?” Asked the man next to me. I was a little surprised he’d called me by that name, I mean, no one ever had before. Apparently in fairy land or whatever the female kept her last name for family pride, but to be quite honest I didn’t care.

My head snapped up from its drooping position and I smiled at the king of Truleth.

“Are you agreeing with this decision, been as it is your kingdom?” He said quite sternly, wiping the smile from my face. I shook my head to clear it and then tried to recall what they had been talking about before.

“Pardon?” I felt a little ashamed that I had to ask to understand, but whatever. Everyone around me shook their heads in disapproval and I shied away into my seat. No matter how hard I tried, only a few other royals here would understand me.

“As Dyllea, the previous capitol of Rymania, is now in tatters, everyone has opted that Myllic shall take on the new role temporarily. But now thinking about it, you don’t seem—”

“Capable?” I raised my eyebrows at him and the other kings. Only a few other queens had showed up, but been as Myllic didn’t have a king I had to roll up. I looked pretty pathetic compared to them in all their bling and their wings. I hadn’t even got my wings out.

“No it’s just—”

“I’m sick of this.” I snapped, rising from my chair. Half of the other rulers did too, in protest.

“Where the hell do you think you’re going?” Snapped one of the kings who happened to completely hate me. I scowled at him and got my wings out, lighting up the room.

“I’m going home. I’m sick of all you and your disbelief and underestimation.”

“Vi, please stay.” Leo ushered to me from the table, he was still sat and leaning casually back in his chair.

“No.” I said stubbornly before tucking my chair in. I guess no matter how hard I tried, I would never really be a queen. I’d always be half human, wings or no wings.

“Mrs Lyprith, you cannot just leave!” Shouted another of the kings. I ignored hima dn marched out of the hall, leaving behind their stupid, fairy, gawking faces. I was irritated, ok?

I was mad. I was finally angry at these fools who never seemed to believe in me. Not even my own kingdom did, after I’d fort for my life. But then again, I did die.

“Vi, please.” Leo followed me. I ignored him as I had done the others. He was as much a royal then the rest of them. “I know it’s hard but please just—”

“No, you don’t. How would you know how hard it is?!” I snapped at him, directing my anger at the wrong person. He stepped back a little, sighing.

“I don’t.” He admitted as the other royals from the kingdoms flooded out of the door to watch this scene. I scowled at their nosy wings, but they just watched on, amused.