Chapter 3: He Hates Romance Movies

Photo on the side: Dylan

"I am calling you, Noelle pick up your phone" Dylan's annoying ring tone woke me up. He managed to take my phone and record himself saying the same thing over 10 times.

I pressed accept and yelled "What the hell are you doing calling me at 2am?".

"Noelle, it's 12 in the afternoon" His voice said.

"Yeah well, it's all the same to me" I answered coldly while laying back on the bed.

It's Monday but the principal gave us the day free so I was enjoying every single second of sleep I usually don't get on Mondays until Dylan called.

"Yeah, you can go back to sleep when I ask you something" He sounded nervous for a second. This totally wasn't like him.

Dylan wasn't a jock but he wasn't exactly a nerd either. He is an inbetwener, in lunch he either hangs out with Victoria and I or his guy pals.

"What is it, Dylan?" I really want to get back to sleep.

"I was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie today" His voice was back to normal.

"Depends on the movie" I am not getting dressed for some movie I don't want to see.

"It's the Scorch Trials" He said and I almost yelled 'yes'.

"Why did you even ask? Of course I'm going. Is Victoria going?" Victoria already saw it without me. Which resulted in me hitting her with an apple.

There was silence on the other line for a few seconds before he sighed and answered "No, Victoria's not coming. I'll pick you up at 3" He said before hanging up.

"Bye to you too" I said to myself and closed my eyes. It didn't take long before sleep took over me.

I woke up on my own and looked at the clock. It was 2:30 and Dylan was picking me up at 3. I have never slept this long.

I jump off the bed and take a quick shower. I put on a sweatshirt that had the American flag, ripped jeans and brown boots.

I got done just in time to hear the doorbell ring. I got downstairs to see Dylan talked with my mom about I don't know what.

I used to have a huge crush on Dylan. I mean who wouldn't? With his good looks and nice personality, but as the months went by I started seeing him more like a brother than a boyfriend and that's how it stayed for 3 years.

"Let's go" I said to him and he smiled.

"When am I going to see you with a dress?" He asked me looking at my outfit.

I pretended to think about it and shrugged "Never".

He chuckled and said goodbye to my mother. "Bye mom" I said leaving the house. I heard Dylan yell from outside "Bye Noelle's mom".

"Have fun" She yelled looking back at the TV.

"When does the movie start?" I asked Dylan while getting on his car.

"In 15 minutes" He said and I nodded. The movie theater was possibly a minute away from my house. I could walked there but that included me walking so I don't do it.

"Here we go" He muttered parking in a random slot.

"You get the popcorn and I get the tickets" He ordered and I gave him a thumbs up.

We both got out of the car and headed to our missions. The line for the popcorn wasn't that long, they were about 5 people in front of me and it was moving pretty fast. So I'll get to eat popcorn before he makes me eat one at a time.

"Noelle, hi" I hear a familiar voice in front of me. I looked up to see Melody's bright smile.

"Hi Melody" I smiled and she gave me a tight hug.

I think I'm not breathing.

"Melody, you're suffocating the poor girl" Seth's voice rang through my ears.

He was just in front of Melody looking down at me. 'Thanks' I mouthed to him when Melody let go of me, he just sent me a wink.

"What are you doing here alone?" Seth asked curious.

"Actually, I'm not" I said moving forward because the line moved. Melody and Seth were now the firsts one.

"Then who are you with?" Melody asked raising her eyebrows.

"With me" Dylan's voice said in my ear. I yelled, by instinct my elbow hit his gut.

"I'm so sorry" I yelped moving towards the cashier that was calling for me.

I quickly ordered and took our popcorn with soda. Dylan was beside Melody and Seth still holding his stomach. "Are you alright?" Melody asked concerned.

"Yeah, it's not the first time" He said finally standing straight. I nodded and threw Dylan an ashamed smile.

"So, are you two like a couple or something?" Seth asked pointing to the two of us.

I laughed while Dylan blushed. "No we're not" We both said at the same time.

"We do have a movie to attend to" Dylan reminded everyone and we nodded.

"Of course, what movie are you guys going to watch?" I asked them and Seth groaned while Melody had a bright smile.

"Some romance movie that we all know in the end they're going to end up together" Seth commented rolling his eyes.

"Tough luck, I am actually glad Noelle doesn't like romance movies and doesn't drag me into a remake of The Notebook" Dylan said munching on some popcorn.

I take a sip of soda and nodded "Yep, never liked them and never will. The only ones I watch are the ones from John Green and that's only because of his amazingness"

Dylan was the only one beside me that didn't look surprised. He already knows all of this stuff. Yeah, I am part of the 2% of the girl population that doesn't like romance movies.

"You really are different" Melody said with a smile.

"I prefer unique" I commented and Dylan looked at me with an alarmed look.

"we really need to get in, we're going to miss the best trailers" He groaned, sometimes I think he goes to the movies just to watch the trailers and not the actual movie.

"Well, have fun in your movie, Finny" I threw a devious small at Seth and I watched as his eyes started to fill with amusement.

"You too, Munchkin"

"You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they can sing a song only you can hear"
- Oscar Wilde

Baby Daddyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें