Chapter 19: He Runs Behind Me

I opened yet another drawer looking for my gym clothes. I wasn't going to the actual gym, it was my PE class and we always had to bring our own clothes as long as it didn't violate school rules since my school forgot to buy the uniforms this year.

The school rule was simple we could wear anything we wanted as long as we didn't show our private parts and we didn't wear sandals or something like that. Usually I would just bring my sports bra, a jacket, long pants and tennis. It was conservative, just the way I liked it.

Some girls take advantage that we don't have a strict dress code and wear shorts and all that stuff but I like to leave some stuff to the imagination unlike other people.

" Mom where is my gym clothes?" I yelled through the door. "Honey, It's in the washer. Just use some other clothes and hurry because you're already late". I looked at the clock and saw that she was right. Class started 5 minutes ago and I was still in a towel.

I quickly put on a red cotton sweatshirt with black leggings and boots. After I combed my hair I placed whatever gym clothes I had next in my drawer into my bag and took it along with my backpack. I ran downstairs and went directly to my car.

I turned on the engine and immediately hit the road. I arrived at school 30 minutes late and with an empty stomach. I was about to step out when my stomach grumbled. Yeah I was not going to school with this kind of hunger.

I turned the engine back on and drove to McDonald's. I ordered and ate the Big Breakfast Deluxe. I took longer than usual in eating it since I really didn't want to go to school. When I was done then I went back to school.

In 2 minutes Second Period will start which was gym so I just entered the school from the gym since they always leave the door connecting it to the school open. I entered through there and headed towards the locker rooms. Seconds later, people started entering the locking rooms and changing. I changed my clothes to the ones I brought which was a pink sports-bra, a shirt that was basically see through that said 'I don't sweat I sparkle', black yoga pants that were a bit tight for my liking and my regular Nike tennis.

The coach blew her whistle meaning it was time to go out. We all walked out of the locker rooms and went into the actual gym. We all made a circle around the coach which we usually do and waited for her to speak.

"Okay, today I'm going to give you simple exercise since I'm not feeling well. First do 2 runs along the gym and when you're done recreate the circle. Now " She said and blew the whistle once again.

Everyone immediately walked to one of the corners and started running along the gym. I was one minute in when Seth caught up beside me.

" Hello Munchkin, don't think I didn't notice that you weren't in our first class" He said with a smirk.

Let's just specify on the fact that this is the first time that I've seen Seth since I realized that I had feelings for him. I mean I don't know if he feels the same way but I guess it doesn't kill me to imagine he does.

"Hello Finny and I don't care that you noticed" He laughed at that. "I think you've been hanging out with me for too long" He said.

I totally agree with him but I don't think he's talking about the same thing. "Why do you say that?" I asked him and looked at him for a second before looking back at the front so I wouldn't crash into other people.

"You have caught my bad ass actions" He said with a proud tone. "I don't mean to offend your bad boy features but you haven't exactly been the baddest one here. You don't even skip any more" I said jokingly but it was true apparently he did much worse than that but he doesn't do it any more.

"I guess your good girl actions have affected me too. Plus, I don't want to miss a second where I could be with you Munchkin" He winked at me before continuing to run. My face took this opportunity to turn red. See this kinds of comments are the ones that confuse me.

We were almost done with the rounds when I heard some guys making the usual sexual comments to a poor girl. Seth slowed down and ran behind me.

"What're you doing? Why are you running behind me?" I asked him confused.

"Aren't you hearing what they are saying about you? It's the first time you're wearing this types of pants and I guess the big boys can't handle it" He said in a tone that had me confused because it was a mixture of anger and like he was making a joke at the same time.

" I didn't think it was for me" I said to him and stopped running. Seth stopped beside me since we had already finished our rounds.

"Well it is, now let's go back to the circle" He said and we did.

The teacher made us play a game of dodge ball that lasted the rest of the class. Once she blew the whistle we were rushing to our locking rooms and for some reason I decided to look at the bleachers. There was Seth taking a drink of water and Christie took that opportunity to sit down in his lap and play with Seth's hair.

A pang in my heart made me stop looking and turned around back into the locker rooms. I quickly changed into my previous outfit and quickly slipped out of the locker rooms.

They were still 10 minutes left of what the teacher gave us to change clothes so I just waited at the bleachers which are currently empty.

A few seconds later, Seth sat beside me. "Weren't you with Christie?" I asked him with a disgusted face. If you forgot, Christie was the one who made the disgusting comment about my brother who had cancer.

"No, she just sat in my lap and tried to kiss me. I mean come on have some dignity" He said shaking his head. "Well let me just change clothes before it's time to go" I nodded my head to this and he was gone in a second.

I couldn't have a minute of peace because Dylan sat down on the spot Seth was seconds ago. "So I see your feelings haven't interrupted your friendship".

"Of course not, he doesn't know that I like him yet and it's going to stay like that until I know it's for sure. I don't want to ruin a friendship over something temporary" I said and looked to where he was entering the boys locker room and back to Dylan.

"Do you think it's temporary?" He asked me and I knew the answer to this one without thinking twice.

"No, but that's what scares me" I said to him and he smiled.

"I know, pumpkin" I looked at him with a glare.

"Pumpkin? Really?" I said not changing my facial expression. "Why do my friends feel the need to give me nicknames?"

"What nickname did you give her?" Seth said appearing with new clothes. Just saying he looks good in his black shirt, more than usual.

Anyway, they started comparing new nicknames and deciding which one was best. Some included: cupcake, princess, freckles, honeybee, darling, sweetpie and so on. And plus I'm not a princess, I'm a freaking queen.

So about two minutes in on their conversations about nicknames, I took my stuff and left. I really needed to study right now and I can't do that with them beside me. Especially since one of them is my biggest distraction.

"Sometimes, we need to be hurt in order to grow. We must lose in order to gain. Sometimes, some lessons are learned best through pain"

-Will Smith

Happy new year everyone!!!