Chapter 5: He Is A Child

"Sit down with your partners" Mr. Ryans said as soon as we entered the door.

I sat down beside Seth, ignoring the look he gave me. "Whoa, did you just got hit by a truck?" He said and I threw him a glare.

"Seth, I am so not in the mood for your comments today" I said placing my head in my hands trying to not fall asleep.

"Are you having a hangover?" He asked with a smirk.

Not after what happened to my father. I swore I would never touch a single glass of anything requiring alcohol on it.

"Do I look like I drink?" I snapped and he raised his hands signalling surrender. "Sorry, I just need sleep"

Last night I stayed up watching a Supernatural marathon and I didn't realize it was 3 am and I had to get up a couple hours later.

So I basically only got 2 to 3 hours of sleep that is not enough for my body to function correctly.

"Today is the day your future is decided" Mr. Ryans started the class and every head snapped to his before he continued. "This the second part of the project where you will know your jobs and your relationship status with your partner. I will be handing out random papers and that's what you get. Switching is not aloud. Plus, once you get this information you will have to fill another set of questions with your partner" He announced holding up a deck of papers.

"For bonus points you may propose and have a wedding" At that the girls started squealing. "But remember to take photographs to prove it. I am not going to take your word for it" He hesitated before saying his last sentence "If you decide to do a so called honeymoon. Yeah... no pictures".

"What were you doing last night?" Seth said in my ear making me squeal and almost fall to the floor.

"Seth, you just gave me a heart attack" I said trying to calm my breathing and heart beat. He started chuckling at my expression and I threw him a glare.

"You should've seen your face" He said in between breaths.

"Mr. Collins I will prefer if you would stop laughing at your partner" Mr. Ryans said appearing in front of us.

Seth threw him a glare and Mr. Ryans smirked before holding up two baskets and placing them on the table.

"This basket are your jobs" He pointed at the green basket. "And this one is your relationship" He said pointing at the Blue basket. "Now choose"

Seth picked 2 papers from the green basket and handed me one. While I took one from the blue basket. "Good luck" He whispered before moving to the pair beside us.

I opened the paper and with sloppy writing the words 'Hospital doctor' were scribbled.

"What'd you get?" Seth asked me and I showed him my paper. "Oh, I got cop" He said and passed his fingers through the front of his hair.

"Now let's see what we are" I said opening the last paper. With the same writing on the paper, the words 'You have been together for three years with a baby on the way. She is hoping he will pop the question soon' were written.

"This is pretty simple" I said and he laughed before he leaned down until he reached my ear.

"You know I'm not that surprised we had a baby after three years of being together. Only you will wait that long" He tried to joke. I knew he wasn't serious because of his amusement and smirk that decorated his face.

I took this moment to compare his outfit to mine, we practically were wearing the same things. He was wearing a black leather jacket, black shirt, black pants and black shoes.

Now I had a black sweatshirt that said 'Bitch please, I ride a unicorn', black ripped jeans and black converse. With possibly bags under my eyes and pale skin.

I guess he caught up that I was looking at him because his smirked got bigger as he said "What'cha looking at, Munchkin?"

I looked him over once again before I shrugged "Nothing much".

I heard him chuckle once I turned my attention to the teacher who was now handing over the questions.

"Answer this by the end of the period, please. Just one for each pair" Mr. Ryans said handing the pair in front of us the deck of papers.

They handed them to me and I grabbed one before handing the guy behind me the papers.

I quickly wrote our names and date on the corresponding line. "There are only 5 questions" Mr. Ryans is practically giving this points away.

"Ok, the first one is to write down jobs we got" Seth read and I wrote the answers.

"Next our status as a couple and how long we have been together" I read and he looked at me confused.

"Do we write 'taken' or just girlfriend/boyfriend?" He asked looking at me expectantly.

"I think Mr. Ryans knows we're 'taken' and he would prefer the girlfriend thingy" I said and he nodded.

I wrote down 'girlfriend/boyfriend for three years'  before Seth read the next question.

"How did you meet? Well that's a really easy one. Since I'm a cop and you're a doctor then we can just write that I got shot and you were the one that stitched me up" Seth said and I gave him a small aplause.

"Wow, didn't know you had imagination" I said and he faked laughed.

"Yeah Yeah, you are so funny" He said giving me a really big fake smile. "Just write it" I oblige and wrote down the answer he came up with.

"Fourth question: How did you ask me out?" I read laughing. Mr. Ryans really didn't have any questions to give.

"Why does it have to be me? Why couldn't it be the girl?" Seth asked with a slight post. He looked adorable.

"Because, I saved your life and when you woke up you got caught in my beauty. Then when you got better you went to the hospital again and to repay me you bought me dinner" I said with a dramatic tone.

He rolled his eyes and looked the other way. "Seth, did you want me to ask you out?" I said in my baby voice.

He glared at me and then looked back at the paper. "Just write it" He muttered acting like a little child. I am so tempted to pinch his cheeks.

"Last question: why do you think you've been together for so long?" How am I suppose to know that?

"You can write that we balance each other out even if we are totally different" Seth uttered and I looked at him surprised.

"You really aren't what everyone thinks you are" I said looking in his eyes that visibly softened.

"Actually I am, I'm just different with you" He said and I felt my cheeks turn pink.

"Why?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"I don't know, I guess because you're a girl" He said and I nodded.

But even after that I felt that there is more to why than just because of my gender.

"Didn't they warn you? That a heart that's made of gold lures the love-poor souls"
                                                 - J.M. Grant