Chapter 14: He Didn't Swim

"So what beach are we going to?" Dylan asked, as all of the members of our little gang reunited in front of our cars.

"I totally forgot about that. I don't even have my swimsuit" I said to them.

Victoria squealed making me look at her surprised. "Thank God, that horrible thing gave me chills".

"It's not that bad" I replied. "Noelle I have been waiting for the day that thing you called a swim suit died. But since I'm a miracle worker, I brought you a change of clothes. So, you're welcome" Victoria said with a smile.

"You ladies can change there" Seth said and the other the other boys nodded.

"Okay, everybody to their cars" Dylan yelled and we obliged.

Seth got on the passenger seat while I strapped Gabriella at the back seat. This was kind of regular now. We take my car everywhere we go.

As soon as I sat in the driver seat, the other started driving. I was quick to follow them. Seth and I made small talk on the way there.

I parked my car next to a fruitless tree and got off. We all met beside each other with our little baby stroller and beach bags. "So, dads take your children while the moms change clothing"

Victoria said and grabbed me by my arm and dragged me towards the girl's bathroom.

It was all kinds of dirty but you really couldn't complain. I got in a stall and Victoria handed me a plastic bag through the opening.

"Change fast, your the only girl crazy enough to wear a sweater to the beach" She said.

"We already established that I didn't know. Now let me change in peace" I answered and started taking off my clothes but I stopped when I looked at the swimsuit Victoria gave me.

"Victoria you gave me a bikini" She answered with a confirmation noise. "I can't wear this, I've never shown my stomach to any guys" I complained.

"Noelle, you have an amazing body. Don't stress over it, you should show it. And about the guys, they're idiots. I'm sure that once they see us, they won't be able to talk" She finished her little speech.

"I can't believe I'm wearing this" I groaned while putting on the blue bikini. The thing that I especially didn't like is that the bottom part only had small threads as sides so it revealed a lot of hip.

I quickly put on the white cover up shirt that Victoria gave me, with shorts and sandals.

I walked out of the bathroom to find them all waiting for me. "There she is , now we can finally go" Gavin said taking Victoria with him and left.

We took a spot right under another tree and started placing towels and our strollers in there.

"Ok, everybody has to take turns I'm taking care of the babies. I'll go first, so you guys can dive in first" I announced and they agreed. I laid down on one of the towels and placed my sunglasses on.

At first I watched them running through the sand but after a while I closed my eyes and before I knew it I fell asleep.

I don't know for how long I slept but I got woken up by Victoria. "Wake up and enjoy the beach. I'm gonna read a book." She said in my ear.

I sat up and took off my glasses. "You could've told me about the books. Plus, you should really dry off. You're basically drowning the sand" She fake laughed before helping me up.

"Now go, have fun" She said, pushing me slightly to the direction of the water. "And take this off" She signaled to my shirt and winked. Without saying anything else, she sat on a towel and started reading a book.

I hesitantly slipped out of my sandals and slid the pants off. I left the shirt for last since it was the most revealing. After a deep breath, I took the shirt off and placed it with all the other clothes.

I quickly walked to where my friends were since the sand was practically burning my feet.

A bunch of wolf whistles started sounding through the air and I turned to look at my friends watching me quietly.

Then who the freak is whistling at me? I turned my head to the sound only to see a couple of boys that looked 14 making the whistles.

I ignored them and finished the route to my friends. I walked into the cold water and despite the coldness kept moving until I was mostly covered.

"Munchkin has some fans and I can see why. You never told me what you where hiding" Seth said jokingly and placed an arm around my shoulders.

" Oh shut up" I groaned and hit his arm. He laughed but didn't take his arm off me.

"The last one to swim to the buoys is a horny grandma" Wesley yelled and before I knew it everybody started swimming towards the buoys that weren't so far away. I stayed in the same place since I was going to lose anyway and surprisingly Seth stayed beside me.

"Why aren't you swimming?" I asked curiously making him look down at me. "If the both of us stay here, then they won't know who is the horny grandma. Plus, if some sharks are close to the buoys then we would have enough time to swim away. I think" They were Sharks?

"They're sharks?" I almost yelled, almost isn't the right word I practically shouted it. A couple of people looked our way but I kept my attention on Seth who looked like it was the most funniest thing he has ever seen.

"Munchkin relax. I was just kidding, there hasn't been a sighting in years" All the worry left my body but now I was just annoyed right now.

"You idiot" I insulted him and started repeatedly hitting him in his half naked body, which I hadn't noticed until now.

I kept hitting him until he grabbed me in a sort of hug and picked me up. In a second, I was underwater and then once again over it. I started coughing water and gasping for air. "Now that was just mean. You could've killed me" I said once I caught my breath.

"I'm sorry, I just needed you to stop hitting me" He apologized but I don't think he really meant it.

Before I could hit him again the guys came back. "What the hell? You guys didn't swim with us" Wesley said swimming over to us.

"Well, I didn't feel like it" I answered him and crossed my arms.

"Fine, but you know next time you have to do it" Dylan said with a smile on his face.

"The last one to shore is Meek Mill" Wesley shouted and started running.

I'm surrounded by idiots.

"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"

-William James