Chapter 16: He Doesn't Listen

"Come on, let's get you home" Seth whispered in my ear from out of nowhere. "Okay" I answered back and picked up my backpack from the ground, we both walked to the parking lot until we reached his motorcycle.

"Where is your car?" I asked him, he was the one that drove me here in his car.

"My sister had to use it so she rode the bike here then switched and took Gabriella, now get on" He said and took the helmet from the seat and handed it to me but I was frozen.

"I told you I am not getting on" I said to him but he didn't listen to me.

"Don't be a pain in the ass and get on so we can leave" He said to me.

Right now I was getting angry. "I said no, now if you want to leave on your fucking bike then leave but I rather walk home" I said and gasped as I heard myself saying a curse word for the first time in a long time.

Once I got over the shock I turned my back on him and I started walking towards the exit.

Apparently Seth doesn't hear right because he grabbed me by my torso and carried me over to the bike. He loosely placed the helmet on my head and wrapped my arms around him. Before I could jump out the bike he sprinted forward.

Terrified I looked at the cars passing beside and immediately received a mayor flashback.

"Come on Noelle, you have to see the new slide they put in. Apparently all the kids are obsessed with it" Dad said, ruffling my hair and waited for my mom to go around the corner to give him a big kiss on the mouth.

"Gross" I said covering my eyes. "Come on punpkin, you can see now" Dad said and right there gave her another kiss. "Ew, stop it" I yelled, covering my eyes again.

"Richard, stop doing that to the poor girl" Mom said and I finally took a look at them. They were side by side and smiling at me.

"Let's just go" I said pouting and dad nodded. "Bye Little guy" Dad said giving a kiss on Marcus' sleeping figure.

He took me by my armpits and placed me on his side. Yay! He walked outside and set me on the ground next to his bike.

He grabbed the really big helmet and placed it on my head. Then once again carried me but sat me on the seat. He quickly sat down behind me and started the bike.

In a second we were off in the road and headed to the park, my favorite place in the world. I always meet new kids and play in the swings. When Marcus gets bigger I'll take him to the park everyday.

"Don't worry pumpkin we're just five minutes away" He yelled so I could hear. I nodded at him and looked directly behind him.

A red car went into our Lane but instead of going behind us it hit the back of the bike.

Next thing I know I was in the ground and an immediate force hit the right part of my body especially my arm.

I cried out for my dad, he always knows how to heal me. "Dad!" I yelled but he didn't come.

I started to hear an ambulance coming near us but it felt like I could only hear the sound of my heartbeat. I took off my helmet just the way I was taught and threw it beside me.

I looked for my dad and I saw him. On the ground. With blood coming out of him and the motorcycle on top of him.

"Dad!" I yelled again and limped my way towards him. A woman and a man were pulling him out of the motorcycle. But I don't care, I needed him right now.

"Dad!" I yelled for what felt like the 10th time and finally reached him.

"He's a goner" The man said when he put his hand on his neck.

"No! Dad!" I said and hugged his body. "Dad come on, wake up" I said looking at his face.

"She needs to" The man said but the woman interrupted him. "Let her" She said but it felt like the voices were at the back of my head.

"Dad" I whispered crying, the tears seemed to end up in a spot on his black shirt.

"We need to check if she's alright" Another voice said and after a few seconds of me crying someone ripped me away from dad.

"Daddy! Leave me alone!" I started hitting the person that carried me in the back but it didn't do anything.

"I wanna be with my dad" I whispered for the last time.

"Noelle snap out of it" Seth said taking off my helmet.

I immediately lost all my force and fell to the ground. That's when I realized that tears were streaming down my face at full speed. I quickly wiped them away but they kept coming.

"I'm sorry I thought you were doing it to bother me" He said and tried to help me up but I pushed him away and with all the strength I had I stood up.

"I told you no, I fucking told you that I didn't want to ride in your stupid bike. When I tell you something you fucking listen to it because I mean it" I yelled and I looked around to see that we were in front of my house.

"Munchkin I" He started but I really don't want to listen to it.

"No" I said "Don't you ever talk to me" I said and with one last glare I opened the front door and closed it with all of my strength.

"Noelle, are you alright?" Mom asked appearing out of the kitchen. "What happened?".

"Nothing, I just need some time alone but thank you" I whispered to her and ran up the stairs.

Once I got to my bed I broke down. I cried like that day, I cried like the day Marcus died, I cried like I was in their funerals, I cried like it happened again. I cried most than ever before.

"If nothing saves us from death. At least love should save us from life"

-Pablo Neruda