Chapter 11: He Is A Fast Learner

"You take Lucifer's daughter" I said pushing Gabriella into Seth's chest.

He held it as I placed the stroller and backpack next to him.

"What happened to you?" Seth asked me, looking over my exhausted expression and bloodshot eyes.

"I haven't had a good night sleep for 2 days since Gabriella cried all night. Every 15 freaking minutes she will cry and only for attention. My mom had to stop me from throwing her out of the window. I'm not having a kid until I'm like 30" I groaned, rubbing my eyes.

"Munchkin you seriously need to sleep" Was his response.

I gave him the biggest glare I could manage and answered. "No kidding".

"Well that's the joy of being a parent" He said and I laughed dryly.

"Ha, let's see how you handle it tonight" And that's when I noticed how Seth was holding Gabriella.

She was upside down and he was holding her by her stomach. "Oh my god, are you trying to kill her?".

"What?" He looked confused as I took the baby from his hold.

"You've just entered how to hold a baby 101" "What about lunch?" "Lunch will have to wait, now first position"

I stepped closer to him and placed Gaby on his chest. With one hand I held the baby and with the other I took one of Seth's hand. I felt a spark of something when I touched him but I ignored it and went back to the mission in hand. I placed his left hand beneath the baby and his right one supporting the weight of it's head.

"There, it isn't that difficult" I saw Seth smiling to himself and I had to stop myself from taking a photo and placing it as my home screen. He looked 'that' adorable.

"Now if you want the baby to go to sleep, just lower him down into your chest" He did that but kept the baby's head facing into his shirt. I walked towards him and placed the baby's head to the side. "She's going to suffocate if you keep her like that"

He nodded and kept quiet rocking himself from side to side. Like a parent will do if you wanted the baby asleep.

"Are we done?" He asked looking at me hopefully.

"No, but we are finishing" I answered taking the baby once again from his hold. "Ok, now all you got to do is pick the baby up by sliding one hand by the neck and the other under the hips. Spread your fingers as much as you can as you lift her to your chest so you can support the baby as much as possible. Slide the hand supporting her head and neck along her back, so that her head and neck slide along your forearm, making their way into the crook of your arm and elbow. Keep your other hand where it was, cupping Gaby's bottom. And now we're done. Let's get some lunch" I finished since Seth followed the instructions pretty quickly. He is a fast learner.

"Did I do it right?" He asked, placing Gabriella in the stroller. "Yeah you did and after school come to my car so that I can give you the car seat. You did bring your car right?" He nodded and we started walking to the cafeteria.

The line was half empty so it didn't take long to get out lunch. As we were looking for our friends he asked me something.

"How are you so good with babies?" We saw Victoria waving at us from a far away table, we inmediatley walked towards her.

"I loved taking care of Marcus at a young age and plus one summer I worked with a couple of kids" Seth didn't get a chance to answer since we reached the table.

"Hey, what're you two going to be wearing tomorrow night?" Gavin asked us as soon as we sat down.

What caught my attention was that Dylan and Wesley were sitting on different sides of the table, munching angrily.

"What're you talking about?" I asked and Seth answered for them.

"Gavin is having a Halloween party tomorrow at his house. Outfits are mandatory" Everybody nodded along.
"Oh I don't do parties" Immediately all of them started groaning and complaining.

Were they all in sync for the day? "I'm still not going" I said and Seth pulled me to look at him.

"Please go, for me" Then he pulled his bottom lip out in a puppy dog face. I stayed strong for a few seconds before I gave up.

"Fine, I'll go" I whispered and once again they started cheering. "I still don't have a costume".

"Well go to the mall today, to see what they have left" Victoria offered and I nodded silently, taking a bite out of my chocolate chip cookie. The cafeteria served them once a month and thankfully today was that day.

"I'm red riding hood" She continued and Gavin was the next to speak. "And I'm the big bad wolf" He growled playfully and bit her hand. She yelped and slapped him in the arm.

How are they not a couple yet? "I'm going as Robin Hood" Seth said.

"I'll be Thor. Chicks dig gods" Wesley said with a smirk directed at Dylan who didn't even bother to look up.

"And I'll be the joker" He answered and with a subtle smirk he continued. "I know a girl that is going as Harley Quinn and boy am I going to get laid" Wesley's smirk turned into a scowl in a second.

There is sure as heck that there's trouble in paradise.

°.°.°.°

"What is this suppose to be?" I held up a costume that was literally just 3 pieces of tape.

"I don't know, I guess you're suppose to be a not paying hooker" I chuckled at that and placed it back on the rack.

"Well so far this store has managed to ruin Teletubbies, snow white, Coca-Cola and Mrs. Claus for me. I thought this was a children store" I said with a groan.

I think I'm going to be a Pepsi girl from now on.

"I found the perfect costume" Victoria announced holding up a pirate costume.

"Oh no, that's too short" I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Noelle, this the most non-revealing costume in this shop, plus it's your size. Now let's buy it so we can have dinner" She said and dragged me over to the line.

As we waited I decided to start a conversation. "What exactly is going on with you and Gavin?".

She blushed red and cleared her throat. "Nothing" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"You sure? Because there has been a lot of flirting going on for these last few weeks" The redness in her face stayed throughout the exchange and she got even redder if that was even possible.

"We weren't flirting, that's called being nice and friendly. You should try it sometime" I rolled my eyes at her pathetic excuse.

I don't know what's going through Victoria's mind right now but I knew she liked him. She just has to admit it to herself first. She has never liked a guy only just crushes here and there so it must be difficult to finally admit she caught feelings for a certain 'bad boy'.

After that I didn't push the topic any further. I payed and we had dinner in a Chinese place. Meanwhile I was mentally preparing myself for the party tomorrow.

"Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears"
- John Lennon