4

Aspen's POV

"Ooh I'm tired." I mumble as I get to the locker room at the cowboy training facility here in Oxnard, California.

When I get in the locker room I head to my locker then I put my phone, wallet, team id lanyard, and the rest of my stuff in the safe in my locker.

Once my stuff is locked away, I take off my crop top and shorts then I put on my football pants, my pads which already have the the jersey on them, and I put on my cleats.

After I'm dressed for practice, I put my white arm sleeves on then I put my headband on before I grab my helmet from my locker and head out to the practice field.

When I get to the practice field, I put my helmet on then I grab a football and juggle it with my feet while doing a few tricks.

Ever since I got to UCLA I've always juggled an American football before every practice.

"ASPEN." I hear one of the coaches shout. "WE NEED THAT BALL DOWN HERE."

I give the coach a thumbs up then I boot the ball down to him.

After the ball leaves my feet, I watch it fly through the air and land right in the coaches arms.

"Damn." I hear a deep voice next to me say causing me to look and see my head coach standing next to me. "Did you kick before?"

"I played soccer until I was 18 and I kicked and punted up until I went to college."

"Good to know." Coach McCarthy says then he puts his hand over his mouth. "Can you keep something between you and I?'

"Yes sir." I say.

"You'll be starting all of the pre-season games from here on out." Coach says.

"Holy shit." I blurt out causing my coach to laugh.

"Come on." Coach says as he smacks my helmet. "Go do your stretches."

I nod then I head down to the rest of the players and get started on stretches

Once our stretches are over, my teammates and I spend the next four hours practicing.

Eventually practice ends so we're released for the day.

"Same old same old?" Jake, one of the Cowboys equipment people asks.

"Yes please." I say then I follow him over to a bag of balls and a couple trash cans that was set aside for me. "Thanks."

"No problem." Jake says then he goes and sets up the trash cans so I can work on my running throws.

As Jake's setting up, I take off my shoulder pads, my arm sleeves, and my helmet which leaves me in just my football pants, headband, cleats, and a sports bra.

"I GUESS THEY LET ANYONE PLAY QB." Some fan shouts.

I roll my eyes at the dumbass then I turn towards the sound of his voice.

"Just shut up." I say. "We both know if you had an ounce of talent then you'd be on this side of the fence with me and not on that said being an ass."

"I got talent." The dude says so I grab two balls.

"Prove it." I say then I walk over and hand the dude a ball.

Once the dude has the ball he tosses it at the closest trash can, but he misses by a lot.

"Wow." I say.

"Like you're any better." The dude mumbles.

I chuckle then I stare at him as I throw the ball to the farthest trash can.