42

Aspen's POV

"Here we are." I say as I set the kids down in the all too familiar suite here in Frisco, Texas then the three munchkins run around the familiar suite.

While the kids are playing, us adults get food and drinks for us and the kids then we all head out to the seating part of the suite's and sit down.

"I finally get to see my girlfriend in a USA kit." I say as I look at my keeper who's warming up.

Today's Emma's first game back with the national team since her heart failed.

She and the US Women's National Team are playing Brazil.

"She's so fucking hot." Jessie mumbles.

"Yes she is." I say then I look at the video board and look at tonight's line-up.

1-Emma Harris(C)
14-Kimora Heath
4-Sarah Gorden
12-Tierna Davidson
3-Emily Fox
12-Andi Sullivan
16-Rose Lavelle
3-Sam Mewis
7-Audrey Solo
9-Talia Martin
11-Catarina Macario

After I look at the line-up, I eat my food while talking with Jessie.

The kids are sitting with Emma, Jessie, and I's parents.

I honestly still can't believe Emma, Jessie, and I's parents all get along, love our kids, and love and support my girlfriends and I.

I guess they always knew we'd end up together.

After Emma and the USWNT finish warming up, they and Brazil head into the locker rooms, change into their kits, then they come back out for the prematch shit.

"Have you seen this?" Jessie asks.

"Seen what baby?" I ask then Jessie shows me a tweet as the national anthems are played.

Jessie doesn't use twitter herself, but she has twitter on her phone with Emma and I's accounts saved so she can check on things if she needs too.

She also sometimes gets bored and just scrolls like everyone else in the world.

"I have not." I say as I see that I've been tagged in a twitter convo about how to make the NFL better and more watchable.

Even though I play in the NFL I think I only watched four games this year.

I don't really have 3+ hours in a day to watch a game.

At least with APL games I know it'll be hover in at most 2 hours.

"You gonna say something?" Jessie asks.

"I may have some thoughts." I say then I type out some thoughts in my notes.

After I've typed out a few of my thoughts, I look at them.

1. Get rid of all the racist owners, GM's, Coach's, staff, and other employees in the NFL. I shouldn't have to have a conversation about race with my three year old son because some racist piece of shit in the Cowboys front office calls me the N-Word.

2. Let players wear whatever cleats we want so we can have some sort of expression of ourselves.

3. Don't stop the clock after basically every play. Make it to where the clock runs the whole game and the only way to stop it is an injury, a timeout, adjustment of the chains, a replay review, or a touchdown/field goal.

4. Make the onside kick a real thing again.

5. Fix overtime so each team gets a possession.

6. Allow players to use marijuana in a safe manner, i.e. don't punish them for using marijuana on their own free time

7. Seed the playoffs by record, not division titles

8. Make Every Healthy Player Active on Game Day

9. Have the conversations that go on during video reviews be broadcasted so the fans can understand a, what's being looked at, and b, the decision behind the call.

10. Make NFL officials full time employees of the NFL so they can be fined when they have bad games.

11. If the NFL wants to globalize the game of American football then have the Pro Bowl be played overseas where foreign fans can see the best of the best in-person.

12. Reinvent the Pro Bowl.

13. Have the NFL stop copyrighting every highlight that someone besides the league and it's partners shares.

14. Get rid of Thursday night games. Nobody wants to play on Sunday then play again four days later. All that does is lead to injuries.

15. Make it so you can't tie at all.

16. Get the fans and social media creators more involved with teams like maybe having them design a uniform for their favorite team to wear on a certain weekend that's designated fan weekend throughout the NFL.

17. Lower the cost of tickets. Teams already make enough money as it is

18. Reduce the number of flags thrown, especially on really soft penalties.

19. Fix a few of the rules that always cause controversy. Maybe fix them by having a panel consisting of Owners, GM's, HC's, Players, Fans, Refs, and a few media members.

20. Don't require athletes to speak to the media.

21. Allow players to celebrate and taunt. None of the players really gives a shit when they get taunted.

22. Decide what is and isn't a catch.

23. Disincentivize tanking. Have a lottery draw the week before the NFL Combine. Make it to where the number of picks a team has in a round determines how many balls they have in the pot for each round, so like the cowboys had two picks in the first round so we would have had two balls in the first round while the Buccaneers would have none since they traded their pick away. Having a lottery night would also generate some money for the NFL.

24. Disincentivize hiring a coach of color. The owners are the problem so fix them.

25. Bring Pre-1993 Retirees' Pensions and Benefits in line with other sports. Today's NFL was built of the backs of the players who came before us and they deserve to be treated properly.

26. Get rid of the ways that make people feel marginalized and/or disrespected like getting rid of the racist names of teams. *cough* Kansas City Chiefs *cough* and make the racist chants stop *cough* Kansas City Chiefs again *cough*.

27. Most importantly, Ban fans who say racist stuff to anyone in the stadiums.

28. Being Biracial and a lesbian quickly opens your eyes to all that's wrong with the NFL so if you have to start somewhere then start by getting rid of the ways that make people of color and non-straight people feel like shit when they come to games.

Once I've read over my thoughts, I take screen shots then post them on my twitter account.

"Now that that's done." I say as I lock Jessie's phone. "Time to watch our girl."

"I hope she does good." Jessie says.

"She will." I say as Jessie rests her head on my shoulder.

I'm so glad Emma's back playing again.

"Come on Emma." I whisper as the game kicks off."

"Do your thing Sharky." Jessie whispers. "Do your thing."