5

Aspen's POV

"Finally." I mumble as I finally reach the team training center after limping from my room.

For some reason, those four dudes beat the shit out of me last night.

I guess I should have expected that to happen since I'm surrounded by a bunch of insecure men.

When I get to the door of the team training center, it slides open then I limp inside and head to the meting room

"Aspen." One of the team organizer people says as I notice people staring. "What happened?"

"Can't talk." I say as I limp towards the team meeting room. "Already late."

"Aspen let us check you out." One of the team medical people says.

"You can when I get cut." I say as I reach the door to the team meeting room. "Just wait a few minutes."

When I get to the team meeting room, I open the door then limp into the room.

"Sorry I'm late." I mumble as I limp to my seat.

Once I get to my seat I gingerly sit down then I notice everybody looking at me.

"Aspen remove your hood and stand up." Doug Nussmeier, the Cowboy QB Coach, says so I do as told then I see his eyes almost bulge out of his head.

"What the hell happened to you?" A different coach asks.

"Aspen who were the players who attacked you?" Mike McCarthy, the Cowboys Head Coach asks.

"Who said I was attacked Coach?" I question.

"Well what the hell happened then?" Mike asks. "You bruise half your body sleeping?"

"I...I...I sleep pretty hard sir." I say.

"Go get checked out Aspen." Coach McCarthy says. "I'll come talk to you later."

I bet I get cut.

"Yes sir." I mumble then I limp over to the training staff.

Once I get to the training staff, two of them wrap an arm around me then they help me to the training room.

"So." Jorja, one of the trainers, says as she looks me over. "Wanna talk about why you look like this?"

I keep silent which causes Jorja to sigh then she does a full assessment of my bruised and battered body.

"Can you at least answer how long they hit you?" Jorja whispers

I sigh then I put four fingers on my thigh.

"Minutes?" Jorja asks causing me to shake my head no. "They beat you for four hours?"

"Yeah." I mumble.

"Well they need to get their ass kicked." Jorja says as I see Coach McCarthy walking into the room with the owner of the Cowboys and a few other people.

"How is she?" Jerry Jones ask.

"A lot of bruises, but no muscle or bone damage." Jorja says.

"Good." Jerry says then he looks at me. "Do you know who it was?"

"Yeah." I say.

"Who?" Coach McCarthy asks. "And before you say you don't want them in trouble..."

"Isiah Bailey, Kordell Booker, Arthur Perry and Logan Callahan." I say.

"Got it." Some dude says as he writes down some names.

"You feel up to practicing?" Coach McCarthy asks.