𝟚𝟜

M/n walked into the gym and lazily placed his shoes on, not many players where here during lunch so he decided it was best to practice some sets. 

"Hey heads up!!" the middle blocker heard from across the gym, he looked up to see a ball heading straight for him.

Immediately the boy crouched down into a receiving position, the ball came coming down. 

The ball made contact with his upper forearm and made its way to hit his jaw. The smack sound was heard across the almost empty gym.

"OMG M/N-SAN I AM SO SORRY!!" he heard a certain tangerine boy yell as footsteps came closer towards him. M/n opened his eyes and was meet by two shorties looking at him with concern. He groaned and rubbed his jaw while sitting up. 

"Alright who do I have to kill." he glared, making the other two boys get shivers down their spines. The middle blocker side and stood up, still rubbing his jaw. "I'm not mad, just be carful next time. Could have ruined my good looks." He acted dramatically, making the other two boy slightly relaxed. 

He picked up the ball and turned back to the other two, "You guys mind if I practice receives with you? I'm still pretty rusty on them and I know I'm gonna need them if I'm ever playing against Aoba Johsai." Nishinoya chuckled and slapped the boy on the back. 

"Of course man! You're always welcome to practice with the expert here. That is if you give me more tips on setting." The libero smirked, he knew how to sneak in a deal to get what he wants.

M/n rolled his eyes and chuckled, he looked towards Hinata with a smirk "As long as I don't get hit again, I'll be coming more often."

Hinata let out a nervous chuckle as he rubbed the back of his neck.

M/n looked down at the ball in his hands, a smile showing.

I need to better everything if I want to be on the court more. It doesn't have to be perfect, but

I want it to be just enough to be a backbone of the team.
_______________

"Hinata you dumbass!"

"Hey! It's not my fault that set was too fast!"

The freak duo were once again fighting over the progress of the quick attack. While they were much better than they were then when at the training camp, there were slip ups here and there.

Break was called and the two walked away from one another. Sugawara sighed as he made his way over to Kageyama.

"Hey Kageyama? Could I talk to you for a sec?" the first year gave a nod and placed down his bottle, giving the third year his full attention. "Listen, the bickering between you and Hinata needs to die down a little. If there isn't really good communication and only little disagreements it's going to lead to something big like last time."

Kageyama thought about it for a bit and ended up giving the other boy a confused look. The grey haired male sighed, he pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, trying to put his thoughts into simple but deep meaning words.

"Umm, what I'm trying to say is, argue less and talk it out more. The little fights you have will end up having a big effect later down the line. Especially during the game. A setter takes feedback from the spiker right?"

Kageyama pouted but nodded for he could not deny the truth of receiving feedback and making the corrections to the ball. "Alright, I'll try to talk it out more."

Sugawara gave a delighted smile, "Great! And I'm not saying little arguments aren't good, just talk things out." Kageyama nodded and the third year made his way back to get ready for practice to start up once again.