Part 16

It's been a week since the incident. When we got back to New York, Alicia did exactly what she said, she didn't talk to me, she ignored me. We went back to being strangers, as she said. Does she think it's easy to forget feelings for someone? Could she have easily forgotten her feelings for Brooks if I asked her to?

In this one week, we became different people. Alicia no longer hangs out with Nadine, their friendly relationship is fine, but Alicia is now spending more time with Brooks even more than before, she will only be with Nadine in class, by the way Nadine already knows about what happened a week ago, last night. that's what I told her.

I was lying on the grass under a tree, where I and the others usually hang out, I put my head on Nadine's thigh. At first the atmosphere was calm, I just head Nadine and Penelope singing as usual.
Peter and Brandon were still in class, and so was Tyler. The calm atmosphere suddenly turned noisy, and I could feel things getting busier.

"Damn, what is she doing?" Penelope's words intrigued me, so I sat down and looked at the crowd.

In the midst of the crowd, there were two people standing opposite each other, a girl and a boy, Alicia and Brooks.

"Hey, let's just get out of here" Nadine said inviting me but I shook my head.

"No, I want to see what happens" I said.

"Whatever it is, it will only hurt you more, Dray"

"Yeah, let's just go, shall we?" Penelope added.

"It's okay guys, I'm used to the pain now"

In the end, they both relented stubbornly.

"Brooks what are you doing? It's so crowded" Alicia asked.

oh good, it turns out I can hear their voices.

"Leave it alone, it would be better if everyone knew"

"Know about what?"

"About us. We've been close for a long time so thought this would be a good time to ask you this" Brooks said.

This will be bad for me.

"Alicia, I like you,
and I know you like me too. So, will you be my girlfriend?"

'I like you' the same words I said to Alicia a week ago. Words that ruin everything.

I can see Alicia's silence and her surprised expression as she is standing facing Brooks whose back is to us, I'm sure she knows where I am and the others are.

And I was right, she was looking at us now, our eyes met.

Right now, I wanted to yell at her not to accept Brooks, or even I wanted to walk over to her there and take her away. But, I can't. I'm just sitting here, staring at her who will most likely accept the guy in front of her as his girlfriend, without doing anything.

She looked back at Brooks and nodded.

"Yes"

It happened. Alicia has officially become Brooks's girlfriend. And I'm officially a broken heart.

It's funny how reality plays tricks on me.

"...Dray!" Penelope's loud voice woke me up.

"What? Don't scream Penny, I'm not deaf"

"You're not deaf but you're daydreaming. Nadine and I called you many times but you didn't respond"

"I told you we'd better just go, you're too stubborn" said Nadine.

"Yeah, I should have listened to your advice right? I'm an idiot" I said.

I then stood up and took my bag.

"I want to go home" I said.

"But it's not time to go home yet, we still have class" said Penelope.

"Then I change my words, I want to skip class"

"You can't be serious" Nadine said.

"Bye" I said and walked towards the parking lot, and unfortunately had to pass the new couple and their crowd.

"Can you get the fuck out of the way? You're blocking my way" I said flatly.

"What's your problem? You could have gone another way," said Brooks.

"Get the fuck out of my way, Rat nerd" I said.

"Don't mind her,Brooks. just let her pass" Alicia said to Brooks.

"Sure, just like what you did, right? ignore me" I tell Alicia.

"Congratulations to both of you, you are a geeky couple in this school. I hope you can take good care of your girlfriend, not the other way around" I said with a smirk at Brooks then passed them both, deliberately nudged Brooks shoulder.

.
.
.

Night

I sat on the floor of my room, with my guitar, be someone who is heartbroken and wants to sing a broken heart song. I don't care about what people think, I just want to express my feelings with a song.

I wonder if I'm being real
Do I speak my truth or do I filter how I feel?
I wonder, wouldn't it be nice
To live inside a world that isn't black and white?
I wonder what it's like to be my friends
Hope that they don't think I'll forget about them
I wonder
I wonder

Right before I close my eyes
The only thing that's on my mind
Been dreamin' that you feel it too
I wonder what it's like to be loved by you
Yeah
I wonder what it's like
I wonder what it's like to be loved by

I wonder why I'm so afraid
Of saying something wrong, I never said I was a saint
I wonder, when I cry into my hands
I'm conditioned to feel like it makes me less of a girl
And I wonder if someday you'll be by my side
And tell me that the world will end up alright
I wonder
I wonder

Right before I close my eyes
The only thing that's on my mind
Been dreamin' that you feel it too
I wonder what it's like to be loved by you
Yeah
I wonder what it's like
I wonder what it's like to be loved by you

Yeah
I wonder what it's like to be loved by you

Right before I close my eyes
The only thing that's on my mind
Been dreamin' that you feel it too
I wonder what it's like to be loved by you

Tonight, in my room, it's just me and my broken heart.

Draven's POV end

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

Sorry if there are too many singing scenes in this story, I just like to express things with songs so I added a lot of songs, this is also one of the reasons why I made Draven's character like singing and having a band.