Part 27

Over the past few days Alicia had become more reserved and as if keeping her distance from her friends and Draven, she was alone more often than not. Brooks away from Alicia and Alicia away from Draven. Indeed, Alicia still participates in practice, but she is more silent, after practice she goes straight home.

Nadine was worried about her bestfriend, Alicia wasn't usually like this. So when Alicia asked permission from the teacher who was teaching to go to the toilet for a while, a few moments later Nadine also asked for permission with the excuse of wanting to check on Alicia who seemed unwell and luckily she was allowed. Nadine followed Alicia into the toilet, inside Alicia was staring at her reflection in the mirror.

"Did you forget you have bestfriend?" Alicia woke up from her daydream and saw Nadine who was leaning on the toilet door while folding her arms across her chest through the glass in front of her without saying anything.

"What happened between you and Brooks?" Nadine asked.

"Just a little fight"

"Bullshit. That's always what you answer when I ask that"

"Yeah because that's what happened"

"You don't consider me as your bestfriend anymore?"

Nadine's question made Alicia turn her body to face Nadine.

"Of course you're my bestfriend, nothing changes that" said Alicia.

"Then why won't you tell me?" Nadine stepped closer to Alicia.

"Sometimes, there are things that we can't share with other people, whoever it is, things that we can only keep for ourselves. And that's how I feel now, I just need time to myself, it doesn't mean I don't think of you as my bestfriend or IVdon't need you anymore" said Alicia.

Nadine nodded, "Sorry, I don't know how serious your problem is with him. I care about you Ali, you are my bestfriend and I don't want to see my bestfriend get hurt"

"And I'm sorry I can't tell you this yet"

"No, it's okay. Take your time, I'm always here to listen to you when you're ready to tell me"

The two smiled at each other.

"I need my bestfriend's hug right now" said Alicia.

"You get what you want" said Nadine then hugged Alicia.

...

The sound of the hand hitting the punching bag was loud and fast, and the person doing it was already visibly drenched in her own sweat but she didn't intend to stop either. Luckily her mother came and held her hand to make her stop.

"When are you going to stop? until you break your arm?" her mother asked with a serious face and an angry tone of voice. The reason is, Draven punched without gloves or without covering her hands with a cloth first so only with her bare hands and as a result now her hands are injured and bleeding.

"I'm exercising ma'am" said Draven intending to punch her bag again but her mother was still holding her hand.

"Stop" Her mother's orders were absolute, before even Draven could reply her mother pulled her to a seat. Natasha (her mother) then opened the first aid kit and took out red medicine and cotton to treat the wound on Draven's hand.

Natasha treated the wound in her daughter's hand silently.

"Sorry mom" said Draven.

"What for?"

"Make you worried"

"I will always worry because you are my daughter. You didn't go to school today and you tortured yourself, how can I not worry" Draven just nodded then leaned closer to her mother and put her head on her mother's shoulder.