[10] Platonic Love

Heyaa, iseng nulis ini waktu denger Strawberries Ciggaretes. Minim hubungannya sih, hehehe

•Platonic Love•

Summary: Roseanne Park brought back the memories of her first love in the college. She found more lessons than only heart broken when found out that her lovely Jaehyun did not harbor the same feeling as hers.

“And those who only know the non-platonic love have no need to talk of tragedy

“And those who only know the non-platonic love have no need to talk of tragedy. In such love there can be no sort of tragedy.”
—Leo Tolstoy—

Here we go again with the load of shits Mister Hong gave in the front of the class. Religion, good deeds, and afterlife or whatsoever he told had no relation to the subject we learnt today: philosophical theory. What was the point of telling the whole class that we would go straight to hell if we do not go to church or showing up too much skin? What did he actually think when spilled all the beans into the table? It had no guarantee we would listen even a bit to his unnecessary speech. Just straight told us about Konfusius, Plato, Socrates, or other philosophers; or the contentabout the philosophical itself. We were done listening to his 90 minutes crap every week—had exam as a wrap for his class was even better.

The only thing I liked about this class was the location of the room; very strategic because it was right beside The Law Faculty. I could see that very special person from Law Faculty from third floor—the floor where I was in every Thursday evening. Usually I took the seat nearest the window just so I could put all my focus to see the people outside, hoping to see him with heart full of blossoming flowers. That day was just the same—still wishing to see the man I’d had my eyes on for the whole two years. The apple of my eyes, Jung Jaehyun.

The very first time I saw Jaehyun was during our medical check up that randomly held for all students from every major. I was the earliest to come, a bit grumpy to think I woke up so early just to find out that other students were still very calm and late. I had to wait longer, had more boredom, and had to sit for hours that made my ass felt like a crap. I was in the middle of transaction with imaginary devil inside my head when Jaehyun entered the room so gracefully: looked like a super handsome angel that I could not believe myself for having a chance to look him in person like that. Most importantly and probably the craziest one as well was the fact that we sat next to each other that I could easily read the name upon his documents map. Jung Jaehyun. I repeated that name several times before the idea of being college student smacked me up like a drum.

But not long after, as if God was kind enough to wish us to unite, I met Jaehyun again during our orientation day. Again, we sat next to each other. He didn’t recognize me, of course, but this crazy Roseanne Park could easily tell his presence because she had been focusing on him for awhile. His existence mesmerized me—drove me into madness and without my concern had lead me to fall deeply into his charm. I did not know how to call it, but all the accidental encounters we had for the years had convinced me that I just could not simply gave up on him. I might be in love; or just being obsessed with the guy that looked pretty charming with beautiful smile, godly voice, and top tier social skill. All that thoughts made me confused and scared at the same time.

First time I had a conversation with him was through the DM when I told him about the dog food he dropped in front of bus stop; second was the finest and sweetest because he remembered my name plus all the Dm stuffs we ever talked exactly a year before. After years of adoring, I had a chance to know him in person because my good friend that happened to be one of his friend as well had introduced us to one and another. That was the first time I held his hands; the first time I realized that he was real person that I could feel through the touch. He sure tried to attracted some attention that time—obviously shown through the way he acted—he kept walking front and back, made me gradually lost focus because of that handsome face of his. The third time was the shortest because he was just waving to me and I waved back to him (it happened a month ago).

Sometimes we sent chat to each other. But all I could tell was the feeling was not mutual. I felt like sending bunch of message to my idol and he would reply just once or twice. But it did not hurt me—crazy I know—a normal thing that happened to person with one sided crush. I flinched, then smiled lightly when my eyes caught Jaehyun walked with his friends (that beautiful social butterfly), probably headed out to the cafeteria. I let the sigh out, drawn back to reality and thrown my focus on class.

“Platonic love in its modern popular sense is an affectionate relationship into which the sexual element does not enter, especially in cases where one might easily assume otherwise,” said Mister Hong—pretty much obvious that he quoted that from some sites.

But that was not the thing I want to point out; it was about platonic love. All the feeling and adoration I had for Jaehyun would be more suitable to be identified as platonic love—I could not be more agree than this. Again I let the smile slid, closed off the daydream I had and brought my sense back upon the table.

—Fin—

Fin

Pretty short, I know. Buat temen makan siang aja atau sekadar bacaan kala gabut. Hehehe

Thank you and see you! xoxo

💚💜💙💘🧡💛💝❤💖🍑🌹